Requisition Number: TRANS02784
Founded in early 2008, Fay Servicing committed to providing innovative servicing solutions for both performing and non-performing mortgage loans. As a specialty mortgage servicer and originator that sees the customer behind every loan, we understand that our customers aren’t loan numbers — they’re homeowners.
Before founding our company, we conducted an exhaustive analysis of the mortgage servicing industry and gained valuable insight into the problems facing mortgage servicers and their customers. With that insight we set out to build a different kind of servicing company from the ground up.
Come join us on our journey to serve our customers and be the leader in our industry! We are currently looking for a Transaction Coordinator to join our Genstone team.
As the Transaction Coordinator, you will manage the entire contract-to-close process efficiently and effectively to ensure all transactions close on time, with little or no hassle to clients and third parties. In this role you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service.
What you will do for GenStone:
- Act as liaison between real estate agents, clients, attorneys, escrow companies, and mortgage brokers during the process of a real estate sale and effectively manage the administrative tasks involved in closing a sale
- Create timelines and follow up with individuals as needed to ensure all deadlines are met and contingencies are released
- Maintain accurate and compliant files for all transactions
- Create a house file (either in Dotloop or physical) for all transactions
- Create Greensheets
- Understand the contracts in order to summarize all important terms, conditions, and contingency dates
- Communicate with the agent several times throughout the transaction including all important dates, missing documents, calendar reminders, file compliance status, etc.
- Communicate regularly with the client to send them reminders, check in, and let them know what to expect in each step of the closing process
- Establish relationships with all third parties including lenders, inspectors, appraisers, and all agents in order to ensure a smooth closing process and share relevant information
- Draft any addenda needed along the way and keep a record of them on file and ensure they are shared with relevant parties
- Be the first point of contact/resource for all questions that arise throughout the closing process from agent (and client, attorneys, lenders, appraisers, other transaction coordinators/Realtors, etc.)
- Stay in good communication with the agent if any issues arise that they need to handle or negotiate
- Coordinate closing date, time, and location and notify all parties
- Notify client about utility accounts to set up/cancel
- Draft a commission statement for our listings and verify commissions for our buyer side transactions prior to closing (along with utility and other pro rations)
- Put together the closing file for the agent including any documents needing signatures/initials/dates, commission amount for the check to bring back, and any other documents needed from closing
- Close out the file after the closing including changing the MLS status to closed for our listings, double-checking the file, making an electronic copy of the HUD, and processing the check. Add closed file to Dotloop
What you will bring to GenStone:
- High school diploma/GED required, some college preferred
- 1 year real estate experience required
- 2 + years of experience in customer service
- Excellent at building rapport
- People oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Learning based
We don’t just accept diversity – we support it, celebrate it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we strive to think outside, and not simply check, the box.