If you are a current University of Tampa student, please search for and apply to student jobs here via Workday. Job applications for current students will not be considered if submitted through the external career center.
The College of Arts and Letters at The University of Tampa has an opening for a full-time Staff Assistant I to support the departments of Art & Design and Film, Animation and New Media. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office in a fast-paced environment and provide customer service to students, faculty and staff. This position will work closely with multiple department heads. This position reports to the Dean and the administrative assistant.
1. Provide administrative support to department chairs and faculty and administrative backup to the Dean’s office, College of Arts and Letters.
2. Assist with planning of special events.
3. Assist in the hiring of part-time faculty including reviewing degrees and facilitating contracts.
4. Submit supplier invoice requests, review faculty reimbursements and spend authorizations, and process stipends in Workday.
5. Maintain, order, distribute, and reconcile departmental supplies.
6. Oversee student employment.
7. Oversee and process the paperwork for hiring models, temporary help and visiting artists.
8. Assist the chair in developing the department course schedules.
9. Maintain detailed records of the department budget.
10. Create and track accounts for travel courses.
11. Maintain general knowledge of department, studio hours, and catalog requirements for student/parent inquiries.
12. Interface with faculty, staff and students in a professional manner.
13. Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
1. High school diploma required.
2. Two (2) years skilled clerical experience.
3. Proficiency with MS Office.
4. Working knowledge of office equipment.
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
6. Good oral, interpersonal and organizational skills needed as well as the ability to establish priorities and manage time wisely.
7. Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
8. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
1. Cover letter
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.
- Valuing the community’s international heritage, The University of Tampa attracts students, faculty, and staff from around the world with diverse backgrounds to facilitate intercultural awareness and understanding. The University is committed to the development of each student to become a productive and responsible citizen. Visa Sponsorship The University of Tampa may consider Visa sponsorship for full-time Faculty tenure track lines. Attachments Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application. Though the attachment box is labeled as “CV/Resume”, more than one attachment may be uploaded. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made. Questions Regarding Application Submission If you have questions about submitting your application, please contact Employment@ut.edu