Job TitleSenior Administrator
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, uses advanced skills and knowledge gained through training and
experience to provide a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to a manager or
group of managers within an assigned functional area. May train, assign and monitor the work of
others. Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks and receives general guidance and
direction to perform other work with substantial variety and complexity requiring limited decision
making responsibility. Some originality and ingenuity are required to locate, select and apply
appropriate procedures, processes and techniques to assignments that are broad in nature. Resolves
most questions and problems and refers new or unusual issues to a higher level. May serve as a
resource to others in resolving problems and issues. Routine contact with internal and external
customers; required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential functions and responsibilities
• Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for a manager or group of
managers in an assigned functional area.
• Serves as a central point of liaison with other functional areas and external stakeholders in resolving
a variety of routine matters.
• Utilizes knowledge and understanding of operational policies and procedures to create, compose
and edit administrative correspondence and documentation.
• Researches, gathers and compiles data and information; prepares reports and summaries; and
replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
• Monitors, reconciles and assists with fiscal administration for an assigned functional area.
• Provides and/or oversees support activities, including answering telephones; assisting and resolving
problems and inquiries of visitors; reviewing and controlling incoming and outgoing correspondence;
and following up on operational commitments.
• Schedules appointments; maintains calendars; and schedules and coordinates meetings, events,
and/or travel arrangements, as required.
• Establishes, updates and maintains files, inventories and records and implements and maintains
data management systems, as required.
• Maintains currency in modern office management methods and techniques.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Advanced concepts, principles and practices of providing administrative support.
• Basic accounting principles.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Basic principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Advanced terminology of financial markets and products.
• Performing diverse administrative tasks for a manager or group of managers.
• Creating, composing and editing correspondence and documentation.
• Researching information.
• Gathering and compiling data and information.
• Selecting relevant data from a variety of sources and preparing reports.
• Answering telephones and reviewing and controlling incoming and outgoing correspondence and
following up on operational commitments.
• Scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars and schedules.
• Coordinating meetings, events and travel arrangements.
• Establishing and maintaining files, inventories and records.
• Implementing and maintaining data management systems.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Train and monitor and assign the work of others.
• Make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
• Analyze and solve problems.
• Maintain currency in modern office management methods and techniques.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Read, comprehend and apply business related information.
• Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Role will be evaluated on the following:
- Positive attitude
- Efficiency and dependability
- Customer service and people skills
- Turnaround time
Conflict Resolution Communication Proficiency (written and oral) Presentation Skills Organization Skills HR Expertise
- High School Diploma or GED
- Executive level professional support experience a plus
- Exposure to project and process management
additional eligibility qualifications
- Proven ability in conflict resolution
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Basic/Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Project
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage processes
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.