Summary: Responsible for enhancing and improving the SRIM experience specifically in heartfelt care for our residents and their families. Demonstrates and promotes SRIM’s core value of the golden rule. Treats others including residents, families, visitors, and associates in the same way we would like to be treated. Attends to all the daily living needs of residents; assistance with ADL’s, meal service, light housekeeping, and laundry while encouraging resident independence.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides assistance to residents with all activities of daily living including dressing, grooming, peri-care, toileting, and hygiene.*
- Speaks to and interacts with residents at all levels of care while showing empathy, kindness, compassion, and respect.*
- Observes and reports to supervisor daily.*
- Changes in the resident’s health and emotional wellbeing.*
- Serves and assist residents in the dining room at breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.*
- Responsible to initiate and participate in leisure activities provided to residents as described in the activity calendar.*
- Always maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for all residents.*
- Performs daily general housekeeping duties following established cleaning schedules.*
- Ensures and supports a dignified caring atmosphere for residents, families, visitors, and associates.*
- Responds promptly and courteously to resident’s request for assistance including phone calls and requests from family members and visitors.*
- Communicates effectively in a language that each resident is capable of understanding.*
- Ensures residents and or responsible parties sign residents out when they leave the community.*
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment free.*
- Responsible for objects, situations that could cause harm, falls to residents, families visitors, and associates.*
- Practices good body mechanics and safe working habits.*
- Observes and reports safety hazards immediately to supervisor.*
- Provides assistance to associates when requested or required.*
- Knows, understands, follows established policy, and procedures in emergency situations.*
- Responsible for being essential personnel during emergencies and or inclement weather.*
- Reports or remains at community until released by supervisor.*
- Works as a team player with other associates and management in accomplishing work assignments.*
- Demonstrates a positive and respectful attitude about work issues, policies, and procedures.*
- Demonstrates a positive and respectful attitude with residents, families, visitors, associates, and management.*
- Complies with attendance and call off policy.*
- Participates in trainings, in-service, and mandatory meetings.*
- Wears clean and appropriate dress per established dress code policy.*
- Refrains from discussing resident care issues with families, visitors, and refers all inquiries to immediate supervisor.*
- Knows, understands, and complies with HIPAA regulations.*
- Assists with training of new employees.*
- Assists in mentoring new employees.*
- Responsible for without asking, takes the initiative in work, seeks out additional information, offers solutions, and suggestions.
- Responsible for willingly taking on special projects or assignments outside of regular duties.
- Provides a variety of housekeeping and or laundry duties in maintaining the community in an orderly, clean, and sanitary condition.
- Performs all other reasonable duties as assigned or as requested.
No Direct Supervision ResponsibilityRequirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood borne pathogens.