Mease Life in charming Downtown Dunedin, Florida, is the region’s premier Life Plan Retirement Community with a 55-year history, serving 450+ residents in independent, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, rehabilitation and community-based services. As a non-profit community, we focus on the best interests of our residents, not shareholders.
We are searching for a Receptionist to provide excellent customer service to residents and visitors at Mease Life.
This is a flex position working when needed which can include days or nights, Holidays and weekends.
Responsible for the reception area of Mease Life, including the greeting of visitors and answering the telephones.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Greets all guests, family members, prospective residents, and other visitors in a courteous manner.
- Provides assistance as needed to ensure each visitor reaches his/her intended destination.
- Receives, screens, and directs all incoming telephone calls to appropriate extension using proper telephone etiquette. Answers incoming calls within three rings.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail. Sorts and distributes interoffice mail and incoming mail to appropriate mail stop daily.
- May perform routine clerical tasks such as typing, shredding, filing, and making copies, etc.
- Responsible for the overall appearance of the reception and lobby areas. Replaces brochures, maintains a neat desk/work area.
- Refill copier, printer and fax machines with paper.
- Works on projects assigned.
- Works additional shifts to cover for vacation and illnesses within the front desk.
- Assists in ensuring the safety of staff, residents, and visitors by identifying potential safety hazards to immediate supervisor and following all emergency plans (i.e., evacuation, hurricane, etc.)
- Honor Resident Bill of Rights.
- Supports Mease Life’s mission and vision.
- As a legal and moral responsibility, immediately reports all witnessed or suspected resident abuse, neglect, exploitation or misappropriation of funds to the department director.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of experience in a similar setting preferred.
Required Pre-employment Drug Testing and Level 2 Background Screening
All applicants must pass a level 2 background screening and a drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Apply online only.