Real Estate Processor I
Job ID R0064709
Purpose of Job
We are currently looking for a Real Estate Processor (Remote Work at Home) for our Phoenix, AZ, San Antonio, TX and Tampa, FL locations.
Serves as the primary point of contact for the mortgage process after the loan is submitted to Fulfillment. Within defined guidelines and framework, ensures that loan applications are accurate and supporting documentation complies with all regulatory, Credit Risk and investor guidelines. Complies with all compliance policies specifically related to the processing of a mortgage application. Adheres to disciplined and proactive pipeline management routines resulting in an exceptional and timely member service experience. Partners with various internal and external parties to render a decision on the mortgage loan. Obtains and maintains NMLS registration.
Shift Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 6:00pm
**WORK AT HOME REQUIREMENTS
Member contact employees must have access to minimum broadband internet connection standards as defined by USAA. Current requirements are as follows:
Bandwidth must have minimum capability of consistent speeds of 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
Must be able to provide workspace at home that is safe, suitable for work, and provide a distraction free environment from background noises that may distract a member or internal USAA customer**
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Performs all processing, pre-underwriting, and pre-closing tasks required to proactively manage mortgage loan files from receipt in processing to final disposition.
- Processes VA, Conventional loan, VA Jumbo, Conventional Jumbo, and New Construction applications. Verifies accuracy and adherence to investor guidelines of all documents required for a complete submission to Underwriting.
- Timely response to all member and third-party inquiries and adherence to the member keep informed routines.
- Consistently meets target service level objectives for dispositioning a minimum percentage of starting month’s pipeline.
- Initiates follow-up phone calls to members and third parties to obtain necessary loan documentation, title, credit and/or collateral information.
- Meets or exceeds monthly performance goals to include production, quality and member satisfaction.
- Ensures adherence and compliance with all state and federal and investor guidelines and regulations.
- Meets stated objectives for quality submissions to Underwriting and maintains minimum threshold for Underwriting touches per file.
- Maintains proactive review of pipeline to ensure that rate locks do not expire and lender paid rate locks do not exceed maximum dollar threshold set by management.
- Meets quality objectives for Clear to Close status and maintains minimum threshold for Underwriting re-finals.
- Coordinates closings with all parties and assists with post-closing follow-up, as applicable.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and may assist with member escalated issues.
- Assists with the facilitation of training as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and serves as a project resource in the implementation of system enhancements or process improvements.
- Successful and timely completion of all compliance courses and mortgage product training and assessments, required by the business.
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years experience of first mortgage loan processing.
- Successful completion of first mortgage process proficiency assessment and or certification required.
- Obtain and maintain NMLS registration within one month of entering role.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience and proven success in handling pipeline volume of 45+ loans.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on quality.
- Experience processing VA Loans.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,000.00 – $62,000.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.