The Property Coordinator – Office & Industrial provides general administrative support for the Property Management Team in managing all aspects of a single property or portfolio of commercial, industrial or retail properties. The Property coordinator assists with tenant and vendor customer services. This role requires strong systems proficiency (Excel, Outlook, InDesign, etc.), accounting acumen, and an enthusiasm for customer service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Performs a variety of administrative tasks for assigned staff including but not limited to phone support, draft, preparation and distribution of correspondence, expense reporting, calendar and scheduling, meeting coordination, filing and copying (both paper and electronic), etc.
• Maintains tenant, vendor and property files, including insurance certificates, lease abstracts, etc. in accordance with prescribed standards.
• Works with Building Technician staff and vendors to compile a list of maintenance items. May open work orders. Coordinates and monitors status of work assigned to vendors.
• Coordinates tenant events and appreciation. Assists with publication and distribution of tenant newsletter.
• May initiate rent collections correspondence and phone contact with tenant where permitted by state regulations.
• Assists with budget preparation by researching costs for supplies and services and obtaining bids as directed. Comply with bid process guidelines. Assists with preparations of monthly and quarterly management reports.
• Assists with preparation of Common Area Maintenance (CAM) dues, invoices and related correspondence.
• Administers accounts payable and accounts receivable. Codes invoices for payment, inputs into accounting system and forwards original invoices to accounting for payment.
• May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
• May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Requirements
• Minimum 3 years of related experience and/or training required.
• Professional business level communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level.
• Bilingual – Spanish a plus.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
• Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
• Requires basic analytical skills. Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
• Attention to detail and exceptional follow-thru.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in computer skills including MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and internet / application software is required along with a willingness and ability to learn new software programs. Proficiency with standard office equipment required.
• Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles and an ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
• Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage in accordance with Company guidelines. Driving to various properties in assigned portfolio may be required.
• Yardi or comparable property management software proficiency a plus.
• InDesign proficiency not required, but a plus.
Learn more about Franklin Street at www.FranklinSt.com.
Recent Awards Include:
• Fast 100 Award honoring the fastest 100 Fastest Growing companies in the State of Florida
• Fast 50 Award honoring the 50 Fastest Growing companies in Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay Business Journal – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
• Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce – Small Business of the Year Finalist
• Tampa Bay Times – Best Places to Work Award
• Best Places to Work Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal
• Real Estate Forum Magazine – cover feature 2016 “Best Bosses” edition – Andrew Wright, CEO
• 40 under 40 Award, Real Estate Forum Magazine – Andrew Wright, CEO
• 25 to Watch, Tampa Bay Business Journal – Andrew Wright, CEO
• Top Volunteer Workplace – United Way Suncoast
• Corporate Philanthropy Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information: https://www.franklinst.com/careers/current_opportunities