To deliver clients a seamless Relocation Experience by expertly planning and managing corporate office and industrial relocation projects through the utilization of project schedules, budgets, and various other project management tools.
Attributes of an Ideal Candidate
Relocation Strategies Tampa is seeking a candidate to fill an open project manager position that embodies the following attributes:
- Solutions oriented, capable of moving forward when unexpected issues arise and attacks the issue with a sense of urgency to resolve the matter quickly.
- Focuses in on the details, and properly documents the details utilizing the prescribed project management methodology.
- Entrepreneurial, and is willing to complete tasks not standard to a project managers typical set of responsibilities.
- Shares the Relocation Strategies culture of “Above and Beyond” levels of customer service, understanding that our service to the client is a Relocation EXPERIENCE.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate directly with clients to identify project requirements, share knowledge, provide recommendations, and deliver status updates.
- Lead and organize project meetings to efficiently engage with all project stakeholders to maximize project performance.
- Schedule and coordinate activities for self, company, and vendor partners to include site visits and inspections related to prospective and active projects. Responsible for documenting project performance for all aspects of project management.
- Communicate and negotiate with vendor partners during all procurement efforts to establish a win-win-win environment for our client, the vendor partner, and Relocation Strategies Tampa.
- Track and coordinate projects to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified requirements.
- Monitor activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of the project and ensure compliance with company policies and client requests.
- Act as a liaison for the project between the project stakeholders to ensure on schedule delivery of projects in an effective and controlled manner.
- Review statement of work submissions, data, reports, and records of activities to ensure that progress is accomplished towards specified requirements and recommend modifications or changes.
- Prepare reports on projects for management staff and clients. Participate in communication to explain projects and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of implementation.
- Perform administrative tasks related to sales, accounting, billing, reporting, marketing, and other functions.
- Responds to inquiries about projects via phone, text, and email. Draft’s proposals and incorporates changes from management regarding documentation. Update contacts, customer relationship information, record expenses and payments, and related data entry, import, export, and reporting.
- Coordinates and schedules various project portfolio reviews, project close meetings, and lessoned learned meetings.
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency, written and oral
- Procurement Proficiency
- Risk Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organizational skills to manage multiple unrelated projects
No direct supervisory duties, though management of projects includes leading directing project related activities, stakeholders, and vendors.
This job generally operates in a professional office or industrial environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires flexible hours and is generally performed on weekdays although weekends are typically used for move events.
Travel is primarily local to the Tampa bay region during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Required Education and Experience
PMP certified (consideration will be provided to candidates willing to seek a PMP certification)
4-year degree is preferred.
2+ years of project management experience
Proficiency with the PMBOK methodology, project management tools, MS Project, or other project management software and MS Office applications. Familiarity with QuickBooks, CRM, One Note is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing
RST | Relocation Strategies Tampa
730 South Sterling Ave. | Suite 208 | Tampa, Florida 33609