To provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises assistant managers, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
- Graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management or construction science. Graduate engineers or architects will also be considered if they have additional training in business administration and accounting.
- Five years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.