Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Project Manager?If so, you might have found your dream job. This is an amazing opportunity to join a leader in the industry. Voted one of the best places to work for the last four years, we have a wonderful culture that feels a lot like family. It all starts with our core values of trust, collaboration, safety, quality, community, and stewardship; and how we leverage these in our daily lives.
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, we’re interested.
Founded in 1928 by Henry G. Miller, Miller Electric Company has grown from a local electrical contractor, to a national company with a diversified range of services. With over 1,000 employees, we are a licensed electrical contractor in almost 50 states. We are dedicated to providing quality services which exceed our customer’s expectations, and regards to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the community with the utmost importance.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who aspires to be an Industrial Project Manger with a growing industry leader and has a passion for exceeding our client’s expectations.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual, a self-starter, and team player, with a strong drive for results and continual improvement. This is a project manager position designed to develop and grow the right candidate. You will be joining a friendly and supportive team environment that will nurture your skills and significantly contribute to your professional development. You will be provided with ongoing training and educational opportunities to build your career path. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee.
- Industrial project management experience in Power House, Steel Mill, Water Processing and/or Bottling
- A College degree, journeyman’s license, or master electrician’s license is preferred
- Electrical contracting project management experience
- Understanding of electrical installations
- Good understanding of how to read electrical and mechanical drawings is required
- Strong computer skills required
- Familiar with computer-based estimating for an item by item estimating
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must understand billing and collections
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- 30 Hour OSHA Certification required within the first year
- 5 years or more of industrial PM or Field experience preferred
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies/procedures are adhered to as specified
- Generate estimates, prepare and review project proposal or plan to determine and establish a time frame, work plan, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Oversee the project through administrative direction of on-site supervision to ensure the project is built in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with the customer to validate expectations are understood and met before, during, and after project completion
- Plan, coordinate, and/or manage activities of all company personnel and subcontractors on assigned project(s)
- Generate billings and lead the collections process for projects
- Frequent project visits with field supervision and other personnel to gain an understanding of any progress, needs, or issues. Assist in the planning of future labor/material needs of the project
- Ensure timely procurement and delivery of materials to the job site by working directly with vendors
- Build long term relationships with both the clients and fellow employees by consistently meeting expectations and offering innovative solutions
- Provide consistent feedback and reports to the business unit vice president
- Manage project review process with particular emphasis on financial forecasting
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring, and direction to subordinates and other junior personnel toward the achievement of their personal development goals
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- Responsible for job site safety and adherence to company policies and national safety standards for personnel under his or her supervision.
- Support and participate in company-sponsored initiatives and activities
Some of the benefits when you join our team:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Insurance (100% of the premium covered by Miller Electric…yep seriously)
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Wellness Program
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. Miller Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information: https://www.mecojax.com/careers/?gnk=job&gni=8a78879e75e27c570175e7a1cf141f31&gns=Indeed+Free