We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
The Practice Assistant provides high quality administrative support to a group of lawyers and professionals in a team environment to effectively and efficiently meet Firm/client needs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create, format, edit, proofread, and manage Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations. Draft routine correspondence, forms, etc. under the supervision of an appropriate lawyer/professional.
- Answer telephone and routine questions from clients and staff members and/or route calls to appropriate lawyer or staff member.
- Assist with managing lawyer’s calendar by scheduling appointments, depositions, meetings (external and internal), hearings, closings, etc.
- Schedule domestic and foreign travel through firm travel system, including flights, hotels and/or car rentals.
- Track, organize, and process reimbursements, invoices, and check requests.
- Run conflict checks, open new client matters, and draft engagement letters and other required documents; provide guidance to lawyers so completed forms are submitted properly.
- Opens, prioritizes and distributes mail. Coordinates mailings, deliveries, copying and courthouse filings where appropriate
- Enter and manage work requests from lawyers in the workflow tool and complete according to provided deadline(s).
- Perform routine filing, photocopying, scanning, compiling, and distributing of documents; identify and coordinate available services provided by administrative departments such as office services, the IT Help Desk, word processing, accounting, billing, and records.
- Operates independently to ensure assignments, which may be complex in nature or require high-level production, are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Produces a high volume of work assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform clerical duties for non-legal departments, as needed.
- 4-5 years supporting lawyers and paralegals with administrative or client-related tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Worksite/Filesite document management system.
- Has attained proficiency in all of the core legal administrative assistant functions and has advanced technical and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Superb attention to detail, grammar, and punctuation, and the ability to articulate thoughts and effectively present new ideas and findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Benefits: Four weeks paid time off per year, increasing every 5 years; ten paid holidays per year; comprehensive health (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; FSA or HSA for medical; dependent care FSA; AFLAC and umbrella coverage available; Employee Assistance Program; 401(k) Plan, with matching and profit sharing components; pre-tax transit and parking program; up to 12 weeks disability/parental leave; backup child/adult care/senior care planning through Care@Work; Rethink Benefits.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.
- Holland & Knight is proud of having built one of the largest, most respected law firms in the world today. It takes more than lawyers to build a great law firm. Holland & Knight employs more than 1,400 professional staff nationally in a wide variety of positions, including secretarial, paralegal, accounting, human resources, marketing and technology. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a work environment that is based on mutual respect and a commitment to serving our clients.Holland & Knight is a firm known for delivering extraordinary legal service to clients, promoting a friendly and caring work environment, and giving back to our communities. That’s the legacy of the lawyers and professionals who have chosen to spend their careers at Holland & Knight. If that is the legacy you would like to build, we encourage you to explore what Holland & Knight has to offer.