Perform functions to manage all activities related to Operations and the development of company products, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manage the daily functions of the Operations department including Office Management, Mailroom, Maintenance and Quality Control while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel. Work with upper management to develop goals and communicate established goals with department. Ensure the goals and needs of the department, company and its customers are consistently met.
2. Manage the process improvement and quality control of the Operations functions to maximize productivity, minimize duplicate work, and ensure quality service is delivered. Review the work of assigned staff. Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as necessary. Align resources to work assignments and processes to meet business requirements. Provide leadership and direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems and concerns.
3. Lead the development, innovation and implementation of programs, products or services. Collaborate with internal and external resources on implementation of programs or related requests. Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services, develop improvement plans based on customer’s feedback and make and implement recommendations for improvement as necessary.
4. Utilize assigned resources to ensure timely, cost-effective and quality completion of projects, and to maximize productivity.
5. Establish quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and obtain data regarding types, qualities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered. Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
6. Provide guidance in the process and planning of personnel requirements, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs. Coordinate activities with all other functions of the organization to obtain optimum utilizations of human resources.
7. Review operating reports and direct the resolution of operational problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays.
8. Identify risks and implement effective mitigation strategies
9. Manage and/or deliver training and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines.
10. Identify opportunities to streamline processes to ensure accuracy and timelines and make recommendations to Executive Vice President. Identify possible issues, inconsistencies, and suggest appropriate corrective procedures.
11. Interview, select, recommend, hire, and train assigned staff. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
12. Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
13. Develop Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current statute. Manage the communication and compliance of SOP’s within teams, managers and internal and external customers.
14. Manage the budget for the functional areas of responsibility. Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure that office operations are performed within budget parameters.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
2. Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
3. May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
4. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
5. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
6. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Manage a team within Mail Handling, Reception and Office Operations, Facilities and Quality Control.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university, and five to seven years of experience leading diverse teams, managing complex business operations and implementing operational improvements; or equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Must have general understanding of systems, technology, best practices and related business processes.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making ability.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to mitigate team conflict and communication problems. Ability to facilitate team meetings
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently, be self-driven and have the ability to plan and prioritize business opportunities. Must be able to motivate team to work together efficiently and to its full potential.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Experience describing and documenting project or client requirements.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit and walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed.
Physical demands may include ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may involve limited travel and/or driving to properties and/or client sites.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.