Job Description Details
The Merchandising Admin must multi-task and prioritize effectively while executing various tasks to support the administrative needs of the Merchandising Buying Office and/or to create items or add product information for qvc.com or hsn.com. Interacts with other teams to respond to time-sensitive requests, ensures accuracy and completeness of data, and communicates issues as they arise. Maintains and develops efficient and accurate reporting for team. Responsible for educating other teams (including Vendors) to ensure future requests are received with clear and accurate information. This is a temporary role to work for HSN for 6 months at 40 hours per week.
- Work cross functionally with various departments (ex. Legal, Quality Assurance, Retail Pricing, Planning and E-Commerce) to submit & follow up on all required information and needs of the assigned Buying Office
- Understands and uses internal systems to add customer-facing information to items for sale on QVC/HSN or qvc.com/hsn.com. Adds additional information as needed. Ensure items are created in a timely and accurate manner and creates Purchase Orders at the direction of the Buyer 1, Buyer 2 or Sr. Buyer
- Uses independent judgment to add legal and other required information to QVC/HSN product records. Acts as a spokesperson for the process and thoroughly understand Excel and internal systems required to perform these tasks
- Supports full team in developing and evolving processes to ensure that department spreadsheets are maintained and accurate
- Runs reports and queries including but not limited to ensuring required product metadata is attached to the product record
- Receives and independently responds to correspondence from internal and external stakeholders. Oversees intake mailboxes as needed by the Buying Office
- Ability to be a floating resource between Buying Offices on an ‘as needed’ basis
- Communicates and follows up on business-critical information daily with merchandising, legal, digital operations, and other departments across QVC/HSN. Updates partners on issues that arise
- Creates and maintains documentation on training and work processes
- Acts as administrative support as needed
- Collaborates with different business units to share best practices and procedures
What You Bring
- Retail or related experience
- Excellent knowledge of PC and network systems including: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint
- Ability to prioritize and exhibit strong time management skills
- Aptitude for executing detailed information quickly and with accuracy
- High levels of focus, flexibility and organization
- Good decision-making in a fast-paced, constantly changing Multi-Platform environment including E-Commerce and Video Commerce
- Ability to work with minimal supervision including partial time in a Work from Home environment
- Flexible to accommodate changing demands of a global, 24-7 Video and e-commerce environment
- Pro-active, diplomatic communication style, raising concerns and suggestions as needed
- Composure and focus on detail in a fast-paced environment
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop — beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores — and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
- At Qurate Retail Group you’ll discover a whole world of difference!You’ll feel the energy everywhere at Qurate Retail Group. We are a select group of like-minded brands, a world of individuals all driven by a shared passion for bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Working together with integrity and purpose, in a culture like no other. When you’re part of Qurate Retail Group, you’ll be one of 27,000 difference makers in eight countries who help millions of customers around the world discover curated collections of unique products every single day. We are not limited by bricks and mortar or defined by any screen. We are always evolving, ever expanding and we never stand still. We rise to the occasion, discover what’s next and ignite the industry. We are creating the third way to shop.
- This employer participates in E-Verify where required by state, local, or federal law