COMPANY: Humane Society of Pinellas
JOB TITLE: Marketing and Community Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: Clearwater, FL 33759
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
STATUS: Salary; Exempt
HOURS: 40 hours per week
STARTING SALARY: $42,350
Summary: The Marketing and Community Relations Manager provides technical and creative support for all programs and events of the Humane Society of Pinellas through digital and traditional communication vehicles. Responsible for the day-to-day duties of the marketing and communications function related to social media, website, graphic design, public relations, communications and marketing. Ensures brand and messaging consistency. Oversees third-party fundraising and community awareness events and assists with other fundraising events and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing and at least 1 year experience.
- Direct marketing, special event, and development experience preferred.
- Graphic design experience a must. (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Computer savvy, including web and graphics at a skill level to produce basic collateral and social media materials
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point
- Exceptional customer service skills and phone skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Professional, enthusiastic, mission driven personality
- Ability to effectively publically represent the Humane Society of Pinellas including on TV and radio
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to be discreet and handle highly sensitive/confidential information in a responsible manner
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines and attend to follow through
- Ability to sit for prolonged period of time.
- Ability to willingly attend and participate in training sessions.
- Ability to work with and around animals
- Social Media: Creates and schedules regular social media posts for HSP’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram account; monitors activity and comments and responds to inquiries. Keeps up with trends and explores other possible social media opportunities. Develops and executes a social media strategy and schedule for all programs and events
- Website: Provides content and monitors updates to HSPs website for events, news, upcoming activities, etc.
- E-Communications: Creates and executes all e-communications including e-blasts and e-updates to constituents as planned and as needed.
- Collateral Materials: Responsible for basic graphic design as it pertains to day-to-day functions throughout the shelter. Produces basic fliers, posters and signage for small or third party events, and special notices needed around the shelter or Pet Clinic. Creates and/or partners with local vendors for all signage needs for events and programs. Responsible for creating/editing other materials as needed or working with local designers. Maintains appropriate inventory and coordinates orders with the printer.
- Media: Submits/maintains event listings to local media websites, manages relationship and animal appearances with local radio and TV partners. As directed, plans and drafts press releases or media alerts.
- Volunteer Coordination: Manages recruits and develops relationships with volunteers for appearances, third-party and other events, and day-to-day department needs.
- Events and Appearances: Responds to all HSP third-party fundraising and outreach requests prioritizes those inquiries which are most appropriate based on community relations efforts. Manages logistics and staffs those that are selected. Supports the marketing and logistics of large scale special events. Proactively schedules public speaking and media opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Light to moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous activities of an administrative nature to include:
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for an extended period of time
- Lifting 40 lbs. or more
- Working outdoors in all forms of weather, including heat, cold, humidity, sun, or rain
- Working in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Using close/distant/peripheral and depth perception
No job description or policy of the Humane Society of Pinellas may be interpreted to allow any employee, volunteer, or representative to violate local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,350.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- communications: 1 year (Required)
- graphic design: 1 year (Required)
- marketing: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Clearwater, FL 33759 (Preferred)