Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Position Type Full Time
Requisition ID 2021-40983
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa can feel more like play than work. This expansive property is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida & features high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines. Owned & operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa® & Salon and VIP services galore.
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Seminole Hard Rock family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin’ benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit http://www.gotoworkhappy.com/benefits to see our full list of benefits!
How we look & appear to each guest provides an important impression of our Company. Non-permitted guidelines include unnatural hair color, visibly explicit or offensive tattoos, facial tattoos, ear piercings that alter the shape and/or size of the ear, any visible body or facial piercings other than two (2) piercings per ear, facial hair longer than ½ inch in length or mustaches that extend past ¼ inch below the upper lip. Please note this list is not all-inclusive, as well as exceptions to these rules may apply for certain departments.
This position is responsible for planning and implementing all of the property’s promotions and special events.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interfaces with all department heads to ensure timely development of creative materials for all plans, produce and maintain an on-going schedule of promotions and special events
- Develop theme, format and budget specifications for specific events and promotions
- Develop prospectus for new promotions or player events, review the results of past promotions and events and make recommendations for the feasibility of repeating or modifying those promotions
- Act as master of ceremonies as needed
- Oversee expenditures to ensure budget requirements are met
- Coordinate all decor requirements for themed parties, promotions and special events
- Communicate all events information to operating departments to ensure timely coordination of all events
- Determine staffing needs and work schedules necessary to implement special events
- Works with Director of Marketing & Promotions to ensure public awareness of events
- Develops contacts at area attractions to keep abreast of events in the market
- Establishes an effective working relationship with all operating departments
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Must possess the ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience
- Must display commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance
- Must be able and willing to work flexible schedules, to include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a professional office setting, but there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming’s employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).