This position plans, manages and directs TBARTA’s Commuter Services program, a regional transportation demand management (TDM) program. The Commuter Services team focuses on helping people change their travel behaviors in ways that meet their travel needs by using different modes, traveling at different times, making fewer or shorter trips, or taking different routes, with the overall goal of reducing the number of vehicle trips and vehicle miles of travel.
The role of the Manager is to develop, promote and implement programs that encourage employer and community adoption of TDM programs and strategies. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert on TDM issues including carpooling, vanpooling, transit, bicycle and pedestrian enhancement, telework, employer services and other transportation services that may be developed.
- Plan, develop and manage TDM outreach, education and promotional programs, and other approaches to influence travel behaviors that benefit individuals, employers and communities for the greater social good.
- Collaborate and establish relationships with local transit operators, local governments, transportation management organizations (TMOs), employers, nonprofits and various other strategic partners to adopt TDM-supportive policies, ordinances, programs and services.
- Develop and update effective annual and long-range work plans, set program goals and measure progress toward objectives.
- Ensure the quality and technical excellence of the agency’s employer and community outreach programs.
- Track progress against performance goals and make recommendations for future enhancements.
- Develop, submit and manage related grants; manage, review and monitor budgets; review and approve monthly invoice submissions from vendors.
- Administer all commuter services-related contracts and relationships with consultants/vendors; ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Collaborate with FDOT on reviewing and following commuter assistance program (CAP) compliance requirements.
- Resolve issues arising from operations and that require coordination with others and escalate issues to upper management as needed.
- Collaborate with TMOs and transit agencies in the creation and delivery of integrated marketing and communications.
- Engage and maintain excellent client relationships with employers to adopt and enhance TDM program offerings to their workers.
- Use motivational and engagement strategies to entice employers to participate in an ongoing manner, including but not limited to membership in the Best Workplaces for Commuters (BWC) Program.
- Develop and deliver agency events; attend meetings, events and presentations to promote TDM programs; represent TBARTA at transit promotions and employer/community events.
- Encourage employers to participate in regional and local Commuter Services events.
- Lead internal Commuter Services team strategy meetings to assess engagement activity, improve ongoing effectiveness, and develop/meet individual and team goals.
- Develop, supervise and evaluate work of the Commuter Services team and make decisions regarding staff hiring, performance review and improvement, and discipline of staff.
- Oversee Commuter Services team members to ensure a high quality of outreach and engagement is provided to all customers; ensure customers are satisfied with products, services and features.
- Work with and advise local TMOs on implementing TDM initiatives; provide required support services such as the emergency ride home and vanpool programs.
- Facilitate carpool and vanpool formations.
- Perform other professional duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree related to transportation, urban planning, public administration, or business administration.
- Required Experience: 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience and at least two (2) years of staff management experience. Experience in TDM, transportation planning, transportation operations, sustainability, and/or transportation advocacy is highly desirable. Demonstrated experience in staff development with an interest in mentoring staff and fostering a collaborative and positive working environment. Extensive experience with MS
Office, CRM databases, and social media platforms.
- Desired Experience: Experience leading and influencing others within or outside the organization is a plus.
- License: Must possess, or obtain, and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of TDM ride-matching systems and innovative TDM technology.
- Knowledge of basic management and business skills.
- Knowledge of basic marketing, sales, communications and public relations principles.
- Knowledge of and experience in effective community outreach and engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Superior communication, customer service and presentation skills.
- Ability to present information in a professional manner in group or person-to-person settings.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong research and data collection skills.
- Advanced data analysis and writing skills.
- Proven ability to work within a collaborative team environment towards common goals.
- Ability to work across diverse departments and disciplines with respect, tact and professionalism.
- Ability to develop effective, professional relationships.
- Skill in building and maintaining extensive partnerships with community stakeholders.
- Ability to work outside normal work hours such as evenings, early mornings and/or weekends.
- Business travel will be required throughout the TBARTA region.
TBARTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $61,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19