JOB TITLE: Maintenance Staff
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
HOURS: Part-time (Less than 29 hours per week), Full Time (30+ hours per week), Seasonal (Under 6 months per year)
Vesta Property Services provides property management and related services to developers of planned unit communities and residential associations. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, Vesta offices are strategically located throughout the Sunshine State. Vesta employs over 1,000 trained and educated professionals providing a wide spectrum of services to residents of more than 300,000 homes in over 300 communities.
The maintenance staff position, under limited supervision, performs work of routine difficulty maintenance; performs related work as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include the following:
- Maintain all exterior areas of buildings, including brushing debris from walls, ceilings, and all outdoor surfaces. Pressure wash when needed.
- Maintain and clean all interior and exterior furniture and fixtures such as tables, fans and pool lounge chairs.
- Maintain pools including vacuuming and filtration systems
- Pick up debris in and around the facility.
- Maintain general appearance of all indoor spaces by vacuuming carpet, dusting of all fixtures, mopping floors, cleaning windows, bathrooms, counters and tiled areas.
- Provide simple repairs as needed.
- Maintain tennis courts including surface, wind screens and nets.
- Work in a safe manner and recognize unsafe situations.
- Mechanical skills.
- Time Management.
- Resident Focused.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the elements throughout the year. Indoor work will be performed during extreme weather conditions.
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach.
No travel is expected for this role.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Relevant building maintenance experience
- CPO preferred.
- Prior electrical, plumbing and general maintenance skills.
- AIC experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
One of the many advantages of working at Vesta Property Services and its family of companies are the great benefits that we offer to you and your eligible dependents. We offer benefits that foster the health and well-being of you and your family such as medical, dental and vision coverage along with programs to enhance your financial security such as disability, life insurance and a 401 (k) retirement plan just to name a few. Vesta benefits are offered to full-time employees (30+ hours per week).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, Vesta Property Services has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe, quality-oriented and productive work environment consistent with the standards of the community in which the company operates. Alcohol and drug abuse poses a threat to the health and safety of Vesta Property Services employees and to the security of the company’s equipment and facilities. For these reasons, Vesta Property Services is committed to the elimination of drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- plumbing: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- CPO (Preferred)