South Tampa Apartment Community, is seeking a Full-Time Maintenance Technician, for an apartment communities located in South Tampa
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the property and assisting all team members with their responsibilities, which includes maintaining a safe and sanitary living environment for residents, guests, visitors, and staff.
REQUIREMENT EPA Cerification· Minimum of HVAC Certification Level I or Level II required.
Minimum of 2 years working on-site is required.
Must possess the ability to read, comprehend, and follow simple to moderately complicated verbal and/or written instructions to perform tasks assigned and to maintain records. Must possess basic arithmetical calculation skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, etc.) This level of proficiency is normally achieved through completion of a high school education or its equivalent.
- Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, and other suppliers or vendors to ensure safe operation of community Service.
- Work with multiple deadlines, maintaining efficiency and control over projects assigned within time frames allowed and changing priorities.
- Must possess a solid knowledge of painting, electrical wiring, plumbing, carpentry, appliance Service and repair, hazardous chemical safety, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) systems, pool Service, and ability to use power machinery properly and safely. This level of proficiency is generally achieved with approximately two to three years of experience in two or more of the noted areas. May have specialized training and certification in HVAC, plumbing, electrical work, or carpentry.
- Work requires the ability to maneuver or move up stairs heavy equipment, appliances, supplies and tools which may weigh up to 100 pounds.
- Be able to diagnose and repair equipment or appliances, which are not easily seen or reached, i.e., under counters, on ceilings, etc.
- Effectively assess a situation, which may require assistance or specialized equipment, and respond appropriately in serious or emergency situations.
Must maintain a clean shop and be organized
Must be a self starter that can multi task and have excellent communication skills ·
Must have access to reliable transportation. Must have an effective communication system available in order to contact the community or staff after hours.
Pre-employment includes criminal and drug screening. Excellent salary and benefits.
MUST HAVE UNIVERSAL HVAC AND EPA CERTIFICATION!
Job Duties and Responsibilities Maintenance Technician will be responsible, under the direction of the Manager, for the overall maintenance of the apartment complex and all areas related to the day‐to‐day maintenance operations of the community. Essential duties include but are not limited to: 1) Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting 2) Repairing and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors 3) Make ready units for new move‐ins) 4. Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems 5) Responsible for 24 hour emergency maintenance 6) Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program 7) Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping 8) Pool maintenance experience required 9) Coordinate special projects as directed Job Requirements Maintenance Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Maintenance Tech must have the necessary tools to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships. Technician must be willing to travel to other properties weekly. Education/Qualification High School Diploma or GED Required HVAC Certification Required Valid Driver s License and Reliable Transportation Required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- plumbing: 5 years (Required)
- maintenance technician: 5 years (Required)
- maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- electrical: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Multiple locations