Maintenance Technician I
Clearwater Housing Authority
Clearwater Housing Authority, as a quasi-municipal corporation, works in partnership with governmental organizations to enhance the lives of those we serve by creating innovative communities, providing dignified environments and nurturing self-sufficiency. We do this by providing housing opportunities and specialized programs to the public and third party contracting to our partners.
Maintenance Technician I
The Maintenance Technician I performs a variety of tasks to improve and maintain the physical quality of assigned property. Completes maintenance tasks and repairs in vacant apartments, resident apartments and common areas. Performs preventative maintenance tasks to maintain property appearance and safety. Provides emergency maintenance services when on-call and assists with special projects and tasks as assigned.
The work is performed in a variety of environments under the immediate oversight of the Maintenance Supervisor and with overall direction of the Capital Maintenance Officer. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position located at one of our properties in Clearwater, Florida.
Life at CHA
CHA offers a pleasant, dynamic and supportive work environment. We enhance the lives of others through our work. We are professional, proactive and committed to excellence in all that we do. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, 401k with match, medical/dental/vision coverage with company contribution, paid short term disability and life insurance.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- One year of experience in various trades including carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, appliances and/or electrical maintenance and repair.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software.
- Possession of valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Equipment and appliance minor repair.
- Safety, fire prevention and first aid techniques.
- Building maintenance practices and principles.
- Measurement and mathematical calculations.
- Resource allocation.
- Operate motor vehicle.
- Ability to work in a variety of conditions and locations including confined areas, rooftops, underground spaces, etc.
- Lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
All applicants must successfully complete:
- Pre-employment testing
- Comprehensive background and reference checks
- Drug and alcohol screen
CHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Driver’s (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: