The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician involve the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. The Maintenance Technician will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed, in their efforts to manage the property in an efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with The Habitat Company’s policies and procedures, state and Federal Laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing etc. Perform activities to maintain the continuity of essential environmental services in order to guarantee resident comfort and security.
- Conduct building walk-downs daily and replace all burned out bulbs from hallways and stairwells and batteries in emergency lighting as needed.
- Complete assigned work orders according to company guidelines.
- Complete final inspection of all units turned over for leasing.
- Constantly observes condition of apartment property throughout the property and immediately reports and/or initiates action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full time janitorial/maintenance experience.
- Maintain open lines of communication with internal and external contacts for continuing operations and resolution of problems. Internal contacts include company personnel on site, corporate office and residents.
- External contacts include vendors, consulting engineers and contractors to ensure contracted services are maintained and performed within the guidelines of company standards.
- Concern for work-safety programs.
- Ability to assist Property Manager in his/her duties.
- Ability to participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- HVAC certification preferred