Be Part of the Show at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts!
Located in downtown Tampa, the Straz offers flexible hours, event-based schedules including evenings and weekends, and a team-based work environment. Straz benefits for full-time staff include options for health/dental, vision, and other benefits plus a generous 403(b) plan.
Maintenance Technicians serve in a general capacity to provide support in every aspect of building maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out preventive maintenance assignments throughout the facility.
- Maintains the exterior irrigation system, fountains, and surrounding areas.
- Assists other maintenance personnel with any task requiring additional help.
- Assists in additional facilities construction and renovation.
- Maintains the material stock and shelf storage areas and keeps them in presentable condition.
- Must assist with setups and delivering cases of show programs and other equipment.
- Assists with cleaning tasks as necessary and repairs associated equipment.
- Assists outside contractors as necessary.
- Assists in departmental functions and special events and perform other duties when necessary to ensure the overall smooth operation of the department.
- May be assigned by the Director of Facilities to assist other management personnel or departments.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Must have a working knowledge of all associated hand and power tools (all tools are provided by employer).
- Must be able to comprehend chiller plant & EMS
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays to cover events.
Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of practical trade experience in a wide variety of building maintenance trades preferred.
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please visit our website at www.StrazCenter.org to learn more about the Straz Center.