RADCO Residential is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our established team in Tampa. This position offers competitive pay and an incentive bonus, 100% paid employee medical insurance, PTO and holidays, 401K match up to 6%, and growth potential.Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with state and federal regulations (Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program, OSHA, etc).
- Be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and the Property Manager.
- Diagnose and perform minor or routine maintenance or repair, as directed.
- Remove and transfer appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment as circumstances warrant and assist in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc. to dumpster.
- You may be required to perform on-call emergency service as requested. You will respond immediately to all emergency after hours calls and arrive at the property no more than an hour after a call comes in.
- Completes all service requests within 24 hours, unless the request requires extraordinary parts or labor.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly to residents and respond to resident service requests and concerns in a timely, professional manner.
- Reads and/or listens to resident requests/complaints in a calm, supportive, and open manner.
- Attend and assist in resident activities and functions after hours as needed.
- You should possess proven knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- You’ll be able to show off your amazing proficiencies in heating and air-conditioning, plumbing, appliance repair, and many other areas of repair.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws, OSHA and EPA regulations and company safety policies will enable our high level of safety standards.
Education, License(s) or certification(s) preferred:
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred with 3 to 5 years of apartment maintenance experience.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Requires individuals to furnish their own reliable transportation to fulfill job’s functions.
- HVAC certification
- CPO certification
- EPA certifications Type I and 11 or Universal for refrigerant recycling.
- Requires constant movement including considerable use of arms and legs, movement of the entire body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and handling of materials. Considerable time is spent using hands to handle, operate, activate, inspect, place, detect control or feel objects, tools or controls. Climbing stairs and ladders, balancing, ascending/descending, working atop of buildings or floors and on roofs is required the majority of the job. Must be able to work from heights using ladders, scaffolds or lifts. Must be able to carry, move, transport, position, install, remove or continuously lift weight up to 75 lbs. Must be able to work with majority exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Worker must be able to ascend/descend ladders. Worker must be able to meet a ladder duty rating up to Type IAA (Extra Heavy Duty) of 375 lbs. Total weight consideration includes employee weight, weight of clothing and PPE, weight of tools and supplies carried and the weight of tools and supplies stored on the ladder.
- Worker is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The ability to communicate, speak and understand clearly is required the majority of the time.
- 100% of the Employee-Portion for Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance Policies, including Access to Teladoc Services
- Voluntary Vision, Short-term and Long-Term Disability, FSA, HSA, Supplemental Life, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, Pet, and Legal Insurance Policies
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 100% Employer Match up to 6% of Gross Pay
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Accrued Paid Time Off Immediately Upon Hire
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Learning & Development Program
- Employee Housing Discount
- Internal Employee Assistance Program – RADCO Cares, Inc.
- Team Building Events & Volunteer Time Off (VTO) Opportunities
- Leasing & Renewal Bonuses