Maintenance Supervisor – Tampa Local
Job LocationsUS-FL-TampaID 2020-1419 Category Maintenance/Renovations Type Regular Full-Time
Who is Laramar? Founded in 1989, Laramar has grown from a small real estate investment company to a distinguished national real estate investment and property management corporation with a multi-billion dollar portfolio. For nearly 30 years, Laramar has managed a wide range of properties from high-rise urban to small building to suburban garden-style.
Why should I work for Laramar? Laramar delivers an unparalleled level of service to the real estate industry and our success is attributed to our people. We have a well-trained team of real estate professionals who love their work and honor their commitment to our clients and our residents. If you are seeking a position where your enthusiasm, passion, and creativity are welcome, join the Laramar team!
Are there perks? Yes! Laramar offers excellent medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, Company paid life insurance along with paid short and long-term disability insurance, paid Federal holidays, a generous paid time off program, and a 401k with Company match.
The Maintenance Supervisor is primarily responsible for protecting, maintaining, and enhancing the value of the community while also maximizing the living experience for residents and the community. This is accomplished by ensuring that all resident maintenance issues are resolved expertly and efficiently. The Maintenance Supervisor must have their EPA Universal certification and a minimum of 3 years’ of experience in multi-family maintenance in a management capacity.
- Ensure that the physical aspects of the community meet the Company’s established standards for safety, appearance and operation within the budgeted financial goals.
- Hands-on maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community, diagnose problems and make repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, flooring, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structure and appliances.
- Manage the inventory of “ready” apartments to support the community’s marketing and leasing efforts.
- Schedule contractors and assist with completion of the turn process.
- Inspect ready apartments for move-in quality.
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate exemplary principles of customer service and teamwork.
- Ensuring the best possible appearance of each apartment prior to new resident move-in.
- Identify items needing additional attention in the apartment; i.e. ripped carpet, torn linoleum, window or door repair, etc.
- Provide assistance with apartment turnovers as directed.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies, according to policies and procedures.
- Supervise Maintenance Technician(s) and Groundskeeper(s).
- EPA/HVAC certification required
- Vehicle required with mileage reimbursement
- 3-5 years of property management experience
- Experience in all facets of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall and appliance repairs is required
- Must have excellent customer service skills, strong attention to detail and basic maintenance skills
- Working knowledge of pool service/maintenance required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. and work 8-12 hour standing shifts
- Must be able to work weekends and be available for on call emergencies