- Job Identification 211059
- Job Category Lead Maintenance
- Posting Date 10/11/2021, 10:48 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Market TMPA
- Region TROC
- Camden Westchase Park
- Locations 12112 Sugarloaf Key St., Tampa, FL, 33626, US
Camden’s Maintenance Supervisors are experts in the maintenance of multifamily communities, and are dedicated to creating lasting impressions for our residents by anticipating needs and exceeding expectations. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading the maintenance team and overseeing the overall maintenance of the community, including repairs, the make-ready process, and preventative maintenance. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to lead with a customer focused attitude and team player mentality, committed to meeting community goals.
- Supervise the maintenance team and efficiently schedule maintenance activities, such as make readies and service requests
- Monitor and prioritize service request and tasks; identify and expedite emergencies that should be top priority
- Communicate assignments to the maintenance team and monitor the work load throughout the day to make sure that tasks are completed timely and efficiently
- Coordinate, schedule, and perform preventative maintenance on community and apartment appliances and equipment
- Manage the make ready process by walking vacant apartments after move-out to determine make ready needs, communicating with vendors and monitoring progress, ensuring that all repairs and replacements are completed, and notifying the Community Manager when the make ready process is complete
- Monitor repairs that are continuously repeated and work with the team to determine a cause and course of action
- Participate in completing service requests including repairing and replacing appliances, plumbing systems, and air conditioning, heating, and electrical systems, etc.
- Accurately complete records in OneSite regarding service requests, preventative maintenance, and make-ready of vacant apartments
- Identify any issues regarding safety, hazardous conditions or maintenance needs in the community and correct them or report them to the Community Manager
- Provide input to Community Manager regarding employee performance evaluations, employee compliments from residents, corrective counseling needs, etc.
- Assist Community Manager in recruiting and interviewing potential maintenance team members
- Train, develop, and mentor the community’s maintenance staff
- Periodically complete written property safety audits
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of supplies for repairs
- Monitor monthly maintenance budget and provide input to Community Manager for determining annual budgets
- Assist with grounds keeping, pool maintenance, housekeeping, distribution of notices, apartment inspections, and other tasks as needed
- May oversee new development or rehabilitation of a community (i.e., market surveys/strategies, provide property management insight/input to construction team or contractor, walk apartments, punch-out, etc.)
- Maintain overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops
- High school diploma and some college or trade school preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of general maintenance experience, at least 1 year of apartment maintenance experience required
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- EPA certification Type I and II, or Universal and CPO certification required
- Must be able to perform tile work, carpentry repairs, and all facets of the apartment make-ready process
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, electronic systems, all major appliances, pool and spa equipment and other systems on community (gates, phone jacks, irrigation systems, etc.).
- Certified Apartment Service Technician (CAMT) preferred
- Must have certifications/permits required by city or state to perform job responsibilities (i.e., pool operations, maintenance, electricians, etc.)
- Must have valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and be able to accommodate a rotating on-call schedule
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays as required
And here’s the fine print HR wants you to know:
- Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment up to 50 lbs.), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion).
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment.
- Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
- Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, etc.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans.
- Deals with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from standard procedures.
- Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.).
- Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools.
- Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, SDS and general safety training, and wearing of proper safety equipment.
- Attendance and punctuality is essential for success in this position
- Contact your HR team for the position’s Physical Demands Analysis
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Camden may add or change responsibilities in order to meet business and organizational needs. Employees must meet qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
To learn more about our awesome Benefits, visit Camden Benefits.