Schedule: Full Time: 10 am-6:30 pm; Wednesday PM shift 2 pm-10:30 pm; OFF Sun/Mon
Duties and Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs routine maintenance on building interior and exterior.
- Contacts and schedules vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance.
- Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due.
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations. Takes appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves and others in building.
- Maintain an operating environment to achieve a satisfactory level of Resident’s service.
- Adhere to the preventative maintenance program for the Community.
- Perform minor maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, AC, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building repairs through daily work orders as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.
- Complete all required forms and work orders using KWPMC work order system.
- Perform casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by Chief Maintenance Engineer/Property Manager following appropriate safety procedures.
- Routinely inspect building mechanical systems/equipments to ensure proper performance and maintenance.
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, boilers, etc.
- Routinely inspect common areas to ensure they are maintained clean and in a aesthetically appealing condition.
- Report all problems, including items that may not be in list of responsibilities to the CE or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Observe all State, Federal and Company safety standards/precautions while performing task in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assist in maintaining records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
The position will require for the employee to work indoor and outdoors. The position will be located at a property where people reside. Noise level may be moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to walk through out the majority of their shift. The position will require the employee to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 30 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures. Position will require employee to climb stairs, climb ladders, work at heights above ground, be able to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud on occasion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. Days and hours of work will be set by the property and will coincide with the hours of the association. This schedule may change to accommodate the business needs of the property.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum two (2) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy-work.
- Must have the ability to react and address all emergency situations in a timely manner (within 30 minutes). May be called on afterhours for emergencies. Will be required to tend to the emergency at the property if called upon in a timely manner.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Additional trade experience and certifications may be required at some locations.
Employee reports directly to the Chief Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor of the community. If there is no Chief Engineer or Maintenance Supervisor at the site, then employee will report to the Property Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KW Property Management & Consulting is a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity