Job Posting: Legal Assistant
Salary $38k – $45k Per Year
Prestigious Clearwater law firm is currently seeking a dynamic Legal Assistant. This full-time position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to grow within our organization.
Qualified applicants should possess a college degree, have at least two years’ experiencein Civil Litigation, as a Legal Assistant.
- Assist Senior Paralegal
- Work under direct supervision of Senior Paralegal to partner
- Assist in all aspects of litigation
- Assist with scheduling hearings, depositions and filing deadlines
- Maintain database/electronic client file
- Process mail
- Create pleadings, proofread transcribed dictation and create letters
- Ability to take instruction and work independently where appropriate
- A two degree from an accredited college or university
- One-year experience as a Legal Assistant with a concentration in Litigation
- Knowledge of standard office practices and use of office equipment
- Professional appearance, excellent client relations skills and telephone etiquette, and must be a team player
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, knowledge of PC Law andWorldox a plus
- Knowledge and experience in civil litigation and civil rules of procedure
- Knowledge of probate, trust and guardianship litigation and the Probate Code, a plus
- Knowledge of e-filing, protocols, and court system in Civil Court, Probate Court and Appellate Court
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Applicants must meet the posted qualifications to be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.