If you are a current University of Tampa student, please search for and apply to student jobs here via Workday. Job applications for current students will not be considered if submitted through the external career center.
Position DetailsMail Services at The University of Tampa has a position available for a Lead Mail Clerk. In addition to the functions of the mail clerk, this position supervises and works with the mail clerk staff in the processing of incoming and outgoing University mail; provides assistance to the Mail Services Supervisor with departmental duties; and ensures proper supervision and coverage during Mail Services operating hours, particularly when the Mail Services Supervisor is unavailable.
1. Performs clerical duties in the mail room, including the sorting and slotting of mail, processing incoming packages, and distributing mail throughout campus.
2. Interacts with the public, including students, faculty, staff, and external mail and package providers.
3. Maintain courteous and professional manner with the public.
4. Assists with scheduling, training, assigning duties, and maintaining administrative records for the mail room staff.
5. Assists with scheduling work hours and assignments.
6. Compiles reports as directed, including the reconciliation of cash receipts and mail/package delivery records.
7. Supervises Mail Clerks and student employees when Mail Services Supervisor is unavailable.
8. Ensures proper coverage of Post Office operations when Mail Services Supervisor is unavailable.
9. Resolves issues involving students, parents, faculty and staff.
10. Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Previous experience in a mail room operation, sorting mail, processing packages, and using a meter machine, preferred.
3. Knowledge of U.S. Post Office regulations and pricing.
4. Knowledge of UT Post Office policies and procedures.
5. Ability to supervise full time staff and student employees.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms.
7. Ability to provide excellent customer service, particularly in diffusing and de-escalating tense situations.
8. Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
9. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
1. Cover letter
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer – Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.
- Valuing the community’s international heritage, The University of Tampa attracts students, faculty, and staff from around the world with diverse backgrounds to facilitate intercultural awareness and understanding. The University is committed to the development of each student to become a productive and responsible citizen. Visa Sponsorship The University of Tampa may consider Visa sponsorship for full-time Faculty tenure track lines. Attachments Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application. Though the attachment box is labeled as “CV/Resume”, more than one attachment may be uploaded. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made. Questions Regarding Application Submission If you have questions about submitting your application, please contact Employment@ut.edu