Launching a search for a Head of IT (VP or CIO title, depending on experience) for Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q (www.jimnnicks.com/ , “JNN”, $150M rev, 40 units). The role can be based in Atlanta, Birmingham, AL (their HQ), or in any city 2 hours from Birmingham.
They are looking for a QSR or restaurant IT leader who is a strategic visionary, and who understands the latest drive-thru, QSR digital, and “online ordering to pick up” technology. This role sits on executive leadership team and is the #1 leader and Head of IT, but depending on level and experience of applicant, title can be CIO or VP of IT. Team is 5-7 people. JNN has $150M rev and 40 locations across the SE (AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN) + CO, but is in growth mode, ever since Roark Capital bought them in 2018, with new leadership team (5 of 7 top execs), and getting lucky with Covid in that they grew given that most of their locations had drive-thru already and BBQ travels well (for take out, delivery). The new CEO driving the transformation at JNN joined 1.5 yrs ago and prior was CEO of Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex and COO of PF Chang’s and COO of Kona Grill.
The Challenge/Mandate in First 18 months:
- Establish a 3-5 year strategic roadmap and plan for technology to support a more off-prem business model, supporting drive thru, online ordering, pickup/to-go.
- Implement a Fast Growth Playbook for IT/technology to enable efficient and profitable store growth, but focused on supporting delivery, online ordering and pick up, which will go from 40% to 70% of business potentially.
- Identify modern drive-thru technology and the new process of how to design technology to map with business and customer needs, operationally.
About Driven Brands [DRVN]:
- Driven Brands is PE-backed by Roark Capital and is the parent company of some of North America’s leading automotive aftermarket brands including Take 5 Oil Change, Meineke Car Care Centers, Automotive Training Institute, Maaco, CARSTAR, ABRA, Uniban, Car Wash US, FIX Automotive, 1-800-Radiator & A/C and PH Vitres d’Autos. They have more than 4,000 centers across 15 countries, with over 20,000 network associates, with 5,000 direct employees, and approx $4 billion in system-wide sales and service over 50 million vehicles annually.
About Roark Capital/PE Ownership:
- Roark Capital is a private equity firm with over $30B of AUM, across 88 portfo company brands, with over 60,000 units and $47B in revenue. Brands include Dunkin Donuts, Inspire Brands ( Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic Drive-In, Jimmy John’s, and Rusty Taco), Focus Brands ( Schlotzsky’s, Carvel, Cinnabon, Moe’s Southwest Grill, McAlister’s Deli, Auntie Anne’s, Jamba Juice), CKE (Carl’s Jr, Hardee’s), MassageEnvy, OrangeTheory Fitness, Drybar, Anytime Fitness, Fitness Connection, Atkins Nutritionals, Batteries Plus Bulbs, ServiceMaster, DMG, FASTSIGNS, Pet Valu, Pet Supermarkets, and more.
Let me know if you, or anyone you know, might be interested. If so, please email me your resume. Given we are just launching, we will respond within 1-2 weeks of your application. Thank you, in advance. Also, feel free to fwd this attached Job Description and email. The search is NOT confidential.
Juan Luis Betancourt
CEO, Gonza Executive Search, LLC