Looking to hire an Administrative Assistant. This is a very important position at Condominium Associates (CA). The Administrative Assistant position is a part-time position working 20 hours per week. This person provides assistance to all staff members of the Property.
The Administrative Assistant is to support the Association Manager with the daily functions of the property as well to assist all residents and support all staff members of the Property.
REQUIREMENT OF THE JOB:
The physical demands of the position are listed in accordance with the requirements of the ADA as:
- Body Position:
Standing – 25% of the time
Walking – 25% of the time
Sitting – 50% of the time
- Body Movements: Lifting and exerting force is required up to 35 pounds.
- Senses: Vision – Close Vision and ability to Adjust Focus. Hearing – Ability to hear sufficient to converse in person and on the phone.
- Mental Requirements: Fluency in the English Language (read, write, and speak) is required as the overwhelming majority of customers, vendors, and employees communicate only in that language. The mechanical abilities requirements of this position include the use and operation of office equipment and machines, including computers and printers. The ability to perceive spatial relationships is a very minor requirement.
- Educational requirements: High School Graduate with some college course work, including courses in business (work experience may be substituted for the courses in management) is required. Environmental conditions of the Administrative Assistant are general office conditions.
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Community Association Manager. However, the Administrative Assistant may also take direction on occasions from the Board Members of the Property.
The Administrative Assistant is selected by the Manager and is delegated sufficient authority to accomplish the duties, responsibilities, goals, and objectives that have been established for the functional position of Administrative Assistant.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Detail oriented with strong task and time management; organized with good project management and planning abilities.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with a diverse range of both internal and external staff and customers.
- Demonstrate a positive, respectful and professional demeanor. Displaying a high standard for customer service not only in the office with customers and other staff members but also on the phone.
- Working knowledge pertaining to Condominiums and Homeowner Associations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, CINC or equivalent applications.
- The ability to type letters, create work orders, update spreadsheets and process review architectural requests.
- Take direction and follow through with detailed instructions.
- The ability to work 40-hours a week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on occasion as needed throughout the year.
- All staff members are allowed one 10-minute break in the morning and one 10-minute break in the afternoon. This includes breaks for smoking. Since this position is full-time lunch periods are unpaid. However, lunch may be taken unpaid by leaving the office or remaining in the office and eating.
- This position will work in an office setting and may also require a presence on-site at the various associations from time-to-time.
- This position requires the Administrative Assistant to work at a desk and to stand while filing documents.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. However, in the absence of the Manager, the Administrative Assistant may be asked to perform supervisory duties on behalf of the Manager.
- Answers incoming phone calls and assist callers as deemed appropriate.
- Work with Community Association Manager to issue written correspondence to residents regarding violations/complaints.
- Receives prepares and dispatches work orders based on service requests to maintenance staff. Enters work orders into computerized work order system and close out work orders when completed.
- Meets with, schedules, and coordinates matters with vendors, contractors, etc. as needed.
- Maintains all unit owner files to include the filing of all incoming and outgoing correspondences as well as create new owner files when needed.
- Provides changes of address information to the accounting department or client services department for entry into the association database.
- Assists in maintaining current “information” Sheet for the Association which reflects Board Members, vendors, associated professionals, utilities, emergency numbers. etc.
- Maintains incident reports and other reports as requested.
- Orders office supplies as needed. Orders supplies for gatehouse and run copies of guest passes as needed.
- Processes incoming mail and distributes as deemed appropriate.
- Works with Manager to process all incoming invoices to include date stamp for payment.
- Assists in preparation of notices for Board Meetings, membership meetings and posts accordingly.
- Assists with preparation of Board meeting packages.
- Assist with Entry Gate systems, programming, tracking, auditing, and sticker distribution or placement on vehicles.
- Filing all documents for Community Association Manager as needed.
- Assist in obtaining any missing information from owners, residents, and vendors.
- Uploading all documents to in CINC such as Architectural Request forms, Rental Applications, Unit information, Contact Information Sheets, Meeting Minutes, Insurance Information, Contracts, etc. Administrative Assistant should check with the Community Association Manager on a regular basis for documents that may need uploading.
- Assis Community Association Manager with filing, special projects, organizing and other related duties as requested.
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental after 90 days.
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour based on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible