The receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, maintaining/ordering supplies as well as other clerical duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of five years of receptionist or customer service experience.
- Clerical experience in the property management field is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients of all professional levels.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining high standards of professional behavior for self and staff.
- Demonstrate organization, attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and independent thinking.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the organizations philosophy of high quality, professionalism and organizational culture.
KNOWLEDGE & CRITICAL SKILLS
Must have a working knowledge of applicable company policies, procedures, state licensing standards, and must be familiar with accreditation expectations, including, but not limited to:
Knowledge and application of Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge and application of multi-line phone system highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Prepares outgoing mail; receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (Fed-Ex, UPS, etc.)
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists other departments with clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, and filing on an as needed basis.
- Non-essential duties include other job related duties as assigned.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.