Real Estate Lives’ First Needs has assembled information about resources that may be helpful if you are experiencing needs related to benefits, childcare, health care, social, legal or financial services, or if you have immediate needs not otherwise addressed throughout our website.
Real Estate Lives continually seeks to identify useful community services and programs. If you know of programs and services that would be beneficial to share, please let us know. Be assured that all inquiries are handled with the highest degree of sensitivity and are strictly confidential.
If you or someone you know has recently been laid off, contact Jan Chaffee at email@example.com.
CRISIS CENTER OF TAMPA BAY:
When you or someone you know is in crisis, make the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay your first stop for help, hope and healing. They can help you deal with the devastating trauma of sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence, financial distress, substance abuse, medical emergency, suicidal thoughts, emotional or situational problems. Dial 2-1-1 where you will receive free, confidential crisis counseling, along with referrals to a Crisis Center service or to over 4,600 other community resources. Visit www.crisiscenter.com.
CRISIS CENTER OF TAMPA BAY’S COMMUNITY RESOURCES ONLINE:
If you need help with abuse, disaster, employment, financial, food, legal, mental health, seniors, shelter, or substance abuse, you can contact the above website or Dial 2-1-1. Visit www.211atyourfingertips.org.
AMERICAN RED CROSS
The American Red Cross provides compassionate care to those in need and offers disaster relief, health and safety services, help finding an open shelter and provides supports military families. Visut www.redcrosstbc.org.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA:
Volunteers of America provides and direct Rebounders to resources in our community that were intended to assist people temporarily while they are experiencing difficulty due to a job loss, divorce, death or other unusual circumstance. For many people, there may be a stigma associated with applying for government assistance; however, these programs were created to give people a boost at a time when it is needed. Do not let this keep you from applying for help. It could make a difference for you and your family in bouncing back from tough times. Visit www.voa-fla.org.
- Career, academic and personal counseling
- Mental health counseling
- Video library with over 400 courses in a variety of topics that can be completed at home
- Academic programs in the construction field
- Job assistance and placement services
- Contact Brad Beasley firstname.lastname@example.org (813-321-6927) or Ed Quill email@example.com (813-321-6928)
Childcare Pinellas provides quality early childhood care, development and supportive services to low income, at-risk and homeless children and families. Prepares children for school and encourages healthy family practices. This program also offers help with children with special needs (emotionally or behaviorally challenged, exposed to violence/trauma. Sponsor for the USDA Child Care Food Program which provides assessments, consultation and training related to meal planning and nutrition for homes and child care centers. Visit www.childcarepinellas.orgor call 727-547-4212.
- Local Labs (Yellow Pages under “Laboratories”) – low cost blood screening
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Program – (apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cancercontacts – For low income and uninsured women to obtain mammograms
- Chronic conditions – (www.clinicaltrials.gov) You can enroll in a medical study if you have a chronic condition such as diabetes or allergies. This might include free treatment and medication
- Counseling &/or Psychologist – (www.mytherapynet.com) – You will be able to speak to them at $1.60/minute
- Healthcare Screening – (www.insight.hillsboroughcounty.org) Helps find Health Care if you are a resident of Hillsborough County and currently do not have medical insurance. It provides assistance for low income residents with a wide range of health services such as doctor visits, hospital care, and prescriptions.
- JUDEO CHRISTIAN CLINIC IN TAMPA (www.judeochristianhealthclinic.org) Serves the needs of those who are uninsured and who cannot afford to see a doctor, or who do not quality for government funded programs like Hillsborough County Healthcare Program, Medicare or Medicaid, are underemployed. It also provides dental care, vision, and pharmacy needs.
- WELLCARE (www.wellcare.com) or 877-389-9457 This is a source for Medicare and Medicaid plans.
This is Florida’s children’s health insurance program for uninsured children under the age of 19. It includes four different parts or programs; MediKids, HealthyKids, Children’s Medical Services and Medicaid. The program will determine which program is suited to your family’s needs.
FREE OR DISCOUNTED PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE:
- * Oldsmar offers discounted drug cards for residents and pets. Contact Oldsmar City Hall (813- 749-1100), Oldsmar Public Library ( 813-749-1178), Oldsmar Fire Rescue (813-749-1200)
- PUBLIX (www.publix.com) offers several prescriptions free
- WALMART (www.walmart.com/pharmacy) offers some $4.00 prescriptions
- TARGET (www.target.com) offers over 300 generic prescription drugs at $4.00 each
- PFIZER (www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com) Pfizer Helpful Answers is a family of prescription assistance programs that provides eligible patients with their Pfizer prescriptions for free or at a savings, and, in some cases, offers reimbursement.
- Community/Migrant Health Centers
- Health Departments
- Kidcare (Florida Children’s Health Insurance & Educational Programs) (Head Start)
- Project: Dentists Care – Volunteer dentists offer preventive and restorative care free
- *Reduced Cost Dental Care Provider Search – find reduced fee or low cost dental care
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS (www.floridajobs.org/RA) 800-204-2418
- LONGTIME UNEMPLOYMENT (www.floridajobs.org) Longtime unemployed may receive retroactive payments of up to $5,000 with additional payments of up to $300/week for 20 weeks
- TAMPA JEWISH FAMILY SERVICES (www.tjfs.org) or call 813-960-1848 – In partnership with TAMPA JEWISH FOUNDATION is offering to assist responsible families in dire need. The HEBREW LOAN PROGRAM loans are interest free in amounts ranging from $500 to $2000 with a repayment plan of up to 18 months. All loans are strictly confidential.
- AVOIDING FORECLOSURE (www.hud.gov/foreclosure)
FOOD SERVICES & FOOD STAMPS:
- SHARE FLORIDA www.shareflorida.org (800-536-3379)
It is simple to participate. Go to the website and on the Home Page click site directories. Choose the county, town and zip code in your area. Contact the site directly to find out their sign up days and times. You will need to prepay for your food. Pick up dates are the same throughout the State. Payments include cash (no personal checks), money orders and food stamps.
- FEEDING AMERICA • www.feedingamericatampabay.org • 813-254-1190
Feeding America is a local food bank within the Tampa Bay area. It is an alternative to applying for food stamps. Click on the website, and then click on “Get Help” and then “Food Assistance.”
- FOOD STAMPS – Visit www.floridagovernmentonline.com and search “food stamps.”
MONEY SAVING IDEAS:
- Grocery savings: www.coupons.com or type in a grocery store name
- Shopping coupons: www.retailmenot.com
- Store and Brand coupons: www.mommysavesbig.com
- Grocery Store specials and coupons: www.groceryguide.com
- Rebates and coupons: www.ebates.com
VistaPrint offers business cards that are free; just pay postage. You can design your own cards from a selection of hundreds! Visit www.vistaprint.com.