The Field Services Manager position assists with the management of day-to-day field operations of all District-owned property including common areas and amenities. The Field Services Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating the maintenance contracts for the Districts. Additionally, they will participate in the development and implementation of District policies and procedures. The Field Services Manager will also prepare and develop field maintenance bid proposals and oversees bidding process. Lastly, the Field Services Manager is responsible for performing site visits and provides written reports to the District Manager as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts site visits for all District-owned properties as requested by the District Manager. You will be onsite anywhere from 6-8 hours a day 4-5 days a week.
- You will potentially have to attend night board meetings.
- Assists District Manager in overseeing the daily field operations of all District amenities and maintenance contracts.
- Provides written site visit summary report to the District Manager, if requested. This report may be presented to the Board of Supervisors if directed by the District Manager.
- Attends Board of Supervisor and Vendor meetings, if requested, by the District Manager on an as needed basis.
- Develops or assists with the creation and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the community.
- Develops bid specs, advertises maintenance/construction projects, conducts pre-bid meetings, host bid openings, and advises respective Boards on bid selection.
- Reviews financial and operating information, as appropriate.
- Coordinates and develops periodic financial and/or operating analyses in an effort to assist with annual budgeting.
- Provides advice and assistance to the District Manager in planning, implementation, and evaluation of modifications to existing operations, systems and procedures.
- Performs and assists with miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess at minimum a two (2) year degree with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in the operations field.
- Certifications in Landscaping, Horticulture, or Arborist are preferred.
- Successfully pass pre-employment screenings and background/reference checks.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Possess personal vehicle insurance with a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 liability coverage.
- Ability to travel to various office markets. Travel is primarily local, during the business day, although some out of the area travel, overnight, and weekend work may be expected.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate/manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients of all professional levels.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining high standards of professional behavior for self and staff.
- Demonstrate organization, attention to detail, problem-solving, creative, and independent thinking.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s philosophy of high quality, professionalism, and organizational culture.
KNOWLEDGE & CRITICAL SKILLS
Must have a working knowledge of applicable company policies and procedures and must be familiar with, but not limited to:
- Knowledge of plants and landscape maintenance.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite – specifically, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of landscaping or horticulture industry is preferred.
Variable combination of outdoor environments for inspections and services. Additionally, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.