Job ID 00000255035
Location Berkeley, Missouri
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Supplier Requirements Engineer (SRE) team is seeking an Entry Level Systems Engineering – Supplier Requirements Engineer to join their team in Berkeley, MO. This unique role requires an understanding of engineering processes and the ability to communicate engineering requirements into a contractually sound technical document.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
The SRE is also involved in the development of the Subcontract Request for Proposal (RFP) and subsequent subcontract proposal evaluation. Specific RFP and proposal evaluation responsibilities include the preparation of the evaluation of the technical, management, and cost sections of supplier proposals and support of the resulting supplier negotiations including data gathering and information discovery at supplier facilities. Preparation of material requisition is also required.
- Works closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to assist in developing procurement specifications and statements of work for a variety of complex systems.
- Assists in performing stakeholder needs analysis, technical measure definition, and requirements analysis, allocation and definition.
- Assists in using the structured requirements process to create Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW) to ensure clear, unambiguous, verifiable and affordable requirements
- Assists in developing and implementing systems engineering processes for organizations in Phantom Works and other business units.
- Assists in delivering requirements training workshops for engineers throughout the company.
- Assists in performing cost vs. requirements trade studies, cost driver analysis, and analysis of supplier cost proposals using parametric cost modeling techniques as appropriate.
Initial assignment will focus on assisting in the development of procurement specifications and statements of work for automated factory equipment, telecommunication systems, learning management systems, and various other systems that provide infrastructure to all Boeing business units.Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience using all the following Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Previous internship experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Hybrid – “Telecommuting”
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options… Berkeley, MO.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.