Franklin Street is currently seeking a Database Administrator for the Corporate Services team. Successful candidates will be those possessing a background in the performance, integrity, and security of information systems’ databases.
• Designs and documents database architecture.
• Assesses malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of determining appropriate actions to maintain computer, network, and database operations.
• Builds database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions.
• Creates, tests, and executes data management languages.
• Develops database utilities and automated reporting.
• Analyzes and sustains capacity and performance requirements.
• Monitors systems and platforms for availability.
• Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
• Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on Azure and SQL servers and databases, and information systems for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operations.
• Performs database backups and restorations and recovers corrupted databases.
• Evaluates and recommends new database technologies.
• Implements and maintains database security and encryption.
• Develops, manages and tests database and information system backup and recovery plans.
• Develops standards and policies for data entry and ensures compliance.
• Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
• Prepares and distributes reports, including but not limited to weekly and monthly status reports to the CIO.
• Attends seminars, conferences, in-service training and staff meetings as required
• Other related duties, as assignedRequirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience in Microsoft Azure and Office365.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on database and spreadsheet applications.
• Experience in Microsoft PowerBI.
• Intermediate knowledge in hardware and networking.
• Experience managing databases. Proficiency in database administration, management, data imports and exports, and developing reports.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and public relations outreach.
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to varied roles and job responsibilities and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability using a life cycle management process for implementation of changes in technology.
• Ability to performs a variety of professional tasks including, but not limited to, technology services representative on various committees or task forces.
• Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand.Education and Technical Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College degree with emphasis in information systems is preferred.
• Certifications such as MCSE DBA, or equivalent experience are preferred.
• Minimum of three years conducting general SQL database administration tasks such as database implementations, backups, and account maintenance.
• Minimum of two years administering database platform specific advanced features (e.g. clustering, encryption, logical/physical standby, ETL, replication).
• Experience with Microsoft FLOW, PowerApps, API Explorer and Power Automate a plus.
Learn more about Franklin Street at www.FranklinSt.com
Recent Awards Include:
• Fast 100 Award honoring the fastest 100 Fastest Growing companies in the State of Florida
• Fast 50 Award honoring the 50 Fastest Growing companies in Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay Business Journal – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
• Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce – Small Business of the Year Finalist
• Tampa Bay Times – Best Places to Work Award
• Best Places to Work Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal
• Real Estate Forum Magazine – cover feature 2016 “Best Bosses” edition – Andrew Wright, CEO
• 40 under 40 Award, Real Estate Forum Magazine – Andrew Wright, CEO
• 25 to Watch, Tampa Bay Business Journal – Andrew Wright, CEO
• Top Volunteer Workplace – United Way Suncoast
• Corporate Philanthropy Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information: https://www.franklinst.com/careers/current_opportunities