Metro Storage LLC, based in the Chicago area, is the 5th largest privately-held self storage company in the United States, currently owning or operating over 140 properties, representing over 6.5 million square feet. Metro Storage LLC is a vertically integrated, single-purpose company specializing in all disciplines related to self storage.
A Storage Consultant takes on the responsibility of daily management of our multi-million dollar properties. This position reports directly to the District Manager and is responsible for customer service, sales, leasing, networking, marketing, office administration, auction process, facility maintenance and property appearance. Qualified candidates have a minimum of 3 years of all-around successful business experience selling and delivering exceptional customer service. They also have working knowledge of basic computer programs, are able to lift up to 35 pounds, and have the ability to walk the property multiple times a day while ensuring the property is safe and clean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises and directs the customers to the correct size storage unit
- Conveys the features and benefits of our storage facility to the customer
- Executes all documents associated with leasing
- Maintains office files and orders office supplies
- Prepares competition reports
- Responsible for the maintenance of the storage facility
- Uses company phone techniques on every phone call
- Keeps the property and office clean and organized
- Performs collection calls as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Enjoy the Benefits
We offer an extensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, accident plan, 401K and a Roth 401K with a safe harbor match. We also offer paid holidays, paid time off accrual, and bonus potential.
Metro Storage is committed to providing a safe work environment and will conduct a post offer background check including criminal, driving, and urine drug testing.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Driver’s (Required)