Job Category: Legal
Requisition Number: CORPO099450
The Corporate Counsel, Real Estate will provide timely, cost-effective expert legal services to the corporate development and asset management departments. Experience in the restaurant industry or a related hospitality industry is a plus.
This role is slated to have a hybrid work schedule, onsite in the Tampa Restaurant Support Center and remote.
- Prepare, negotiate, review and revise all necessary legal documents required in facilitating and consummating all real estate transactions for the corporate development and asset management departments.
- Furnish timely input and advice on real estate legal issues. Collaborate with development and asset management teams and other in-house counsel in consummating real estate transactions and in resolving disputes and litigation relating to real estate issues.
- Ongoing safeguarding of real estate assets.
- Proactively cultivate and maintain a client network throughout the corporate staff and within legal function. Contribute to achieving both corporate and business sector strategic goals as proactive member of corporate staff.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant legal experience, including experience in drafting negotiating, reviewing and revising land conveyance documents, including leases, subleases, sale-leasebacks, easements, guaranties, deeds, purchase agreements, lease renewals, extensions, terminations, rent restructuring, disposition of under-performing and excess properties, subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements and amendments; reviewing and resolving title and survey issues; drafting covenants, conditions & restrictions, deed restrictions and restrictive covenants; managing and resolving environmental issues, condemnations and ADA related matters and other real estate related work which includes litigation and litigation management.
- Current awareness of developments in fields of expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- High attention to detail required.
- Demonstrate evidence of timely and successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to solve complex legal issues and apply broad principles.
- A creative thinker who can resolve disputes and be able to determine best and highest use of properties so as to minimize risk to the company and/or create a financial benefit.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat, required.
- J.D. required
- Florida Bar Admission or eligibility for Florida Authorized House Counsel, required