Job Type Full-time
Full Job Description
Overview: RISE: A Real Estate Company is currently looking for an energetic, results-driven, service-minded Construction Project Manager to join our Construction team in Tampa, FL. The Construction Project Manager is primarily responsible for the daily operations, and supervision of the on-site construction personnel to ensure effective planning, coordination and on time execution of work, further ensures all work is within budget and attaining or exceeding project profit goals, while maintaining a safe work place, promoting and enhancing client relationships and the company image.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENT(S)To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Responsibilities:
Essential Job Functions, Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Lead and direct the planning, coordination, and execution of work on time, within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals while maintaining a safe workplace, promoting and enhancing client relationships.
- Contribute to RISE competitive position through continual personal growth, learning and the sharing of acquired knowledge.
- Maintain a commitment to execute work and conduct business in a professional manner.
- Ensure timely project completion through effective leadership and coordination of the following:
- Possess working knowledge and have the ability to clearly communicate technical details of all project plans, specifications, and contract with owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals/approvals and all other project related documents.
- Provide project leadership in respect to incident & injury free safety initiative.
- Ensure a complete and accurate set of contract documents including all the current contract changes and clarifications and a complete set of as-builts are available at the field location
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager to develop general conditions target budget, manage and control the budget.
- Assist Preconstruction Team and Project Superintendent to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all field personnel including subcontractors and vendors.
- Conduct pre-award interviews with the assistance of the Preconstruction Chief Estimator, Project Superintendent, Project Engineer and/or Assistant Project Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and enforcement of a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and enforcement of a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Direct trade persons and subcontractors by coordinating plans, specifications, and schedules to ensure quality and on-time completion of work.
- Review and provide feedback on all purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Direct the coordination of all material deliveries, subcontracts and self performed work.
- Direct staff in the monitoring all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, petty cash report, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports and timesheets.
- Participate with the Senior Project Manager in the development of monthly progress report, monthly payment applications, anticipated cost report, and other financial costs reports.
- Direct the development and maintain a plan for monitoring and completing punch list items.
- Lead the development, implementation, maintenance and enforcement of the project site-specific safety program in accordance with RISE Policies and Procedures, OSHA requirements, local, state and federal laws to include all subcontractors. Lead OSHA site visits.
- Maintain current certifications for First Aid and CPR.
- Understand local labor requirements, availability and capability for self performed work. Ensure all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity is met.
- Participate and/or lead, buyout, Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling and project completion reviews and meetings.
- Identify new project opportunities and inform appropriate management staff of potential projects with current clients.
- Lead the development of the Project Management team by interviewing, hiring, training and participating in the professional development of the staff to ensure competent professionals who are knowledgeable of and in compliance with all RISE policies and procedures.
- Promote the development of positive working relationships, field staff, client personnel, subcontractor and vendors on all levels.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- A Bachelors degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or construction experience equivalent to a four-year degree.
- This position requires 3-5 years experience as a Construction Supervisor, Field Engineer or 8-10 years of construction related experience. The individual will have demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Mastery of Field Operations: managing site activity, anticipating and resolving field related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements, managing site safety and insurance risks.
- Completion of OSHA Ten Hour Safety course
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA requirements