Salary $42 – $45 an hour
Job Type Full-time
Number of hires for this role 1
Full Job Description
The Project Manager is responsible for safely directing subcontractors work using a ZERO accident philosophy, for assisting in preparation of field installation subcontract packages, and monitoring daily work activities to assure subcontractors are supporting the overall project schedule. The Supervisor will ensure the quality of all work performed while identifying project critical items that may have potential of impacting the work schedule. The supervisor will monitor the project for safety and work rule compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure quality of work performed and identify critical items that may impact the project work schedule.
2. Review project design and identify any potential changes. Review changes with contract personnel for approval of any change notices.
3. Monitor and ensure that contractors’ work is done in a safe and cost-effective manner.
4. Assist in preparation of field installation subcontract packages.
5. Monitor all assigned projects for work rule compliance.
6. Review contractor progress and critical path activities through regularly scheduled meetings.
7. Assist with planning and establishing project schedules and following up on actual performance and productivity against estimates.
8. Support efforts to bid, evaluate and award contract work.
9. Assign duties and responsibilities to contractors and subcontractors and follow work progress on assigned projects.
10. Inspect ongoing work activities to confirm contractor performance to project plans, specifications and monitor/enforce compliance to all regulatory requirements.
Direct Supervision: N/A
Indirect Supervision: Indirect supervision of contractors, subcontractors and assigned personnel.
Internal: Frequent contact with the Directors, Superintendents and all levels of management, engineering and construction.
External: Direct interface with Contractors, Vendors, Suppliers, and Engineers.
Required: High School Diploma. Some construction management training is required. Knowledge of construction codes/standards (AWS, ASME, ASTM, IEEE etc.) required.
Preferred: College degree is preferred.
Construction Supervisor should have at least 10 years’ experience in heavy industrial construction or construction management including 10 years of related or equivalent experience in a power plant or industrial environment.
College degree may be considered in lieu of equivalent experience of four years with a Bachelor’s degree.
Previous experience in writing contract scope of work and working with contract administrators is required. Must be able to plan and organize Electrical, Mechanical and Civil/Structural projects to support department goals. Must possess strong leadership qualities and have team building skills including outage coordination, planning and scheduling experience. Technical knowledge of mechanical and/or civil structural systems is required as well as contract administrative responsibilities including supervising contractors. Previous experience with computerized work management systems. Must possess strong leadership qualities and have team building skills.
JOB RELATED DIMENSIONS
Business and Job Knowledge*
Ownership & Excellence*
Planning and Organizing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42.00 – $45.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- One location