Salary $18 – $21 an hour
Job Type Full-time
Number of hires for this role 1
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Construction Management Administrator
Vice President of Property Services
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the overall purposes, key responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Construction Management Administrator. Ciminelli’s company’s philosophy requires that all employees contribute on a team basis for the purpose of overall company success. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Ciminelli reserves the right to amend or change this description at any time.
Assists Construction Management Coordinator and supports the Vice President of Property Services in all phases of construction management of tenant and building improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in no order of priority)
Essential duties and responsibilities involve the full range of property management functions, including, but not limited to the following:
- Respond timely to tenant questions and concerns regarding tenant and building improvement projects.
- Drafting and distributing vendor requests for proposals (RFP’s) using a standardized format.
- Timely turn around of tenant improvement cost submittals requested by Ciminelli’s leasing department.
- Drafting major repair/building replacements/tenant improvement contracts.
- Maintain tenant and building improvement records, including but not limited to, contractor certificates of insurance, email correspondence, change orders, construction plan approval, finish selections, permits, architect correspondence, tenant correspondence, and owner correspondence.
- Tenant and building improvement project closeout, including but not limited to, construction draws, final payment of contractors, collection of final lien waivers, tracking notice to owner documents and related lien waivers.
- Tracking tenant and building improvement costs and requesting of funds from property management to cover those costs.
- Advise Ciminelli’s accounting department and property management department when a tenant suite has been delivered.
- Advise Ciminelli’s accounting department when construction management services are eligible for billing.
- Keep immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems.
- In the absence of the Construction Management Coordinator, delivers suites to tenants after tenant improvements are complete, to include but not limited to, walkthrough of finished construction, drafting of punch list if any, delivering tenant handbooks, ordering tenant signage, delivering building access codes and/or cards, drafting introductory letters, providing information on the Corrigo work order system, and completing acceptance of space letters.
- Conduct all business in accordance with Company policies and procedures, OSHA, ADA, Fair
Housing Act, state and Federal laws.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties while under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner, to interact/communicate with other employees, Owners, Tenants, vendors, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Handles emergencies in absence of other Property Management personnel.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all company information and report any breach of integrity to the Vice
President of Property Services or Supervisors immediately.
Page 1 of 3
- Abide by all company policies and procedures.
Supervision exercised over field maintenance staff.
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
Computers – operation of desk top computer and related software, as well as computerized building systems.
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe PageMaker, Corrigo, Adobe Acrobat.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside under office conditions. However, the duties and responsibilities of Construction
Management Administrator require some outside time with possible extended exposure to cold or extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Positive attitude, dependable, self-starter.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Calm yet capable in an emergency.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional software packages as required.
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with team members.
- Professional demeanor.
Education and/or Experience
Education: Associate Degree or related work experience
Experience: Knowledge of property management or related field
Language and Mathematical Skills
- Requires oral and written communication skills to the degree of being able to communicate with
Owners, Tenants, Vendors, and representatives of Ciminelli Real Estate Services of Florida, LLC.
- Must have legible penmanship and ability to fill out forms and other paperwork.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills necessary to provide clerical and administrative support
- Must know how to operate a Fax and Copy machine.
- Must be able to work with figures.
- Requires customer service skills in order to resolve problems, answer questions and assist the Vice
President of Property Services with Tenant questions.
- Must have the ability to work unsupervised and be self motivated while motivating others.
- Professional phone manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
High. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may require minor deviations. Must be able to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Valid Florida Drivers License
Occasional need (5% to 10% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to inspect properties and make trips to the bank.
While performing the duties of Construction Management Administrator, the employee is regularly required to handle, or feel objects, computer and office equipment controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tampa, FL 33618: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location