HomeRiver Group is looking to fill the position of a Community Coordinator. The function of the Community Association Managers (CAMs) you support within HomeRiver Group, to provide outstanding customer service to our clients (the Board of Directors), homeowners, tenants, and prospects by exceeding their expectations in knowledge, service, and innovation. The position will be the human backbone of our community management division’s interface with clients and therefore it will be critical to have complete awareness and knowledge of all the events occurring within your manager’s assigned portfolio. We need a person that is a quick learner and comfortable with new technology as things are always updating and advancing in our software.
This knowledge includes but is not limited to, some light accounting functions, mailings for communities from the manager, assist homeowners with requests for parking or pet permits or special keys for pool access, etc. You must also address homeowner requests for repair, identifying the source and nature of each issue, have knowledge of prior work done at the property, the proposed repair solution for the issue and the associated cost, if any, to the homeowner, navigating the approval process, and possess the ability to manage a technician who will be dispatched to complete the repair. It will be of the utmost importance to remain professional in all dealings with clients, customers, and vendors, even when they are not doing the same. The ability to think on your feet and employ conflict resolution strategies and suggest creative, cost effective solutions to issues for clients and customers will be paramount. You will be the main point of contact for homeowners, tenants, vendors, and managers for everything related to the management of the Home Encounter portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer, triage and field inbound calls. Read, triage and route incoming mail.
- Assist manager with mailings for communities.
- Ensure that all database files are kept up to date and accurate with the direction of the manager or homeowner. This includes obtaining the information when on the phone with the homeowner, as well as gathering the information from mail they send in to our office.
- Issue permits for parking or pet registration, pool keys and other required items from the homeowner.
- Assist the Community Managers and Account Executive in their efforts to grow and maintain the management portfolio. Client growth and client retention are of equal importance.
- Facilitate and coordinate all maintenance needs of tenants, homeowners, and community managers which pertain to the Home Encounter portfolio.
- Managing and dispatching the completion of work orders, ensuring quality of work, efficient use of time and frugality with material costs.
- Assist the community manager in obtaining bids for projects within the community and in presenting them to the Board of Directors as required.
- Generating the necessary paperwork to bill the monthly administrative fees and other bills to the client and working with the accounting department to ensure the jobs are billed in a timely manner.
- Some accounting functions will be completed by you. Items such as coding invoices and entering them into managing software and entering bills or payments, based on the provided data, assist accounting as needed with collection activities for delinquent assessments from homeowners including lien and legal notices, copies and mailing, may assist in compiling Annual Budget data for the manager.
- Other duties are requested by your supervisor or manager.
Education, Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma required
- 3-5+ years of property management/ Homeowners Association
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of personal insurance
- Proficient in with MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and drive to provide superior customer service to all parties
- Self-starter attitude and ability to prioritize handle multiple assignments, exercise judgement , and take ownership of projects in the absence direct supervision
- Team player with strong work ethic, pro-active orientation, who can anticipates needs, is assertive, and highly accountable, with a mature and positive attitude
HomeRiver Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About HomeRiver Group
HomeRiver Group is an integrated national platform offering world-class property management services to owners and tenants in the single family and small multifamily rental (SFR) markets. HomeRiver’s mission is to be the premier national residential property management company in the United States, offering acquisition, renovation, leasing, management, maintenance and brokerage services.
Already one of the largest SFR property management platforms in the United States, HomeRiver continues to grow through acquisitions (of regional operators in new markets and customer contract portfolios in existing markets) as well as organically. By consolidating local operators in the fragmented property management sector and investing in best-in-class capabilities, HomeRiver seeks to deliver a new standard of service to both customers and tenants, while creating significant value for its investors.