The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager with the management of all on site operations and achieving property financial and operational objectives as defined by management. Duties include ensuring all traffic, prospect, leasing, renewal and revenue data is accurate, producing daily, weekly and monthly activity and operating reports, and correctly maintaining resident files. The position also works closely with the General Manager and other managers to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with all local, state and federal employment, housing, safety, landlord/tenant and real estate laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the General Manager and other members of the property team to maximize revenues and adhere to budgeted cost parameters. This includes ensuring financial information and various analyses (ongoing revenue and expense items) are materially correct.
- Work with office staff and collection agencies to manage collections. Oversee that all revenue data is posted correctly on all applicable management software. Oversee the billing of all additional rental income.
- Take service requests from residents and work with maintenance team to ensure adherence to customer service standards. Work with on-site staff so that resident issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow through is complete. Always place resident needs and requests as a number-one priority and follow up with the resident to assure satisfaction.
- Work closely with the General Manager to ensure operational standards and procedures are established, implemented and monitored.
- Assist Resident Life Director with scheduling, organizing and hosting resident functions.
- As required, show and lease apartments; as well as inspect units, common areas and property to insure adherence to property standards.
- Maintain awareness of customer acceptance and satisfaction.
- Work with legal counsel and local officials to perform evictions as required.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and local market conditions.
- Compile data for special and periodic reports as requested.
- With General Manager, train and develop on-site team members according to company policy and procedures.
- With General Manager and team, schedule turn keys and ensure apartment units are available for scheduled move-ins.
- With General Manager, ensure adherence to Company and state safety standards, policies and procedures. Work with the General Manager to ensure that all safety inspections are completed as required and comply with Company key control policies.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications/Skills: (include key differentiators)
- Previous experience in property management
- Where required by law, must have state leasing license or ability to obtain the required license(s) within the timeframe mandated by state law
- Proficient in MS Office applications and strong, demonstrated computer technology skills (including social media use)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present thoughts and ideas clearly
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and supervised team members
- Customer-centric focused personality
- Ability to effectively supervise and motivate staff members
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work without direct supervision and under varying degrees of pressure
- Knowledge of and experience with applicable software
- Ability to assert oneself with a high level of self-confidence
- Perseverance to accomplish and successfully implement long-term goals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in student housing
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday, with extended hours and/or weekends being required as scheduled, or as needed to meet business needs.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment but may also occasionally operate in an outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, occasionally move about the office, constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, communicate regularly and effectively with others, both written and verbally, and may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
The ability and means to travel locally, overnight, in specific regions or states via automobile and airplane may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.