Department: Asset Management
Reports To: Property Manager
Assist in managing the day-to day operation of assigned property in accordance with established regulations and guidelines. Rent properties, collect and record rent and other charges, and process evictions. Receive requests for repairs, generate and close work orders. Prepare reports of activities and fiscal status. Assist and encourage residents to become self-sufficient by referring to programs directed toward self-sufficiency. Coordinate maintenance through the use of onsite maintenance personnel or contractors. Conduct inspections to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, and to assure that all equipment is in proper working order and that vacant apartments are ready for occupancy.
- Assist in maintaining required occupancy level by leasing property in a timely manner, making appropriate adjustments, addressing resident concerns in a professional manner, enforcing property rules, lease requirements, and maintaining associated records
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and updating financial and other records, including collections of rent and other charges and budget
- Collect rent and other charges from residents and enter corresponding data into computer system
- Process requests for rent adjustments in accordance with established procedures, including obtaining verifications, entering information into computer, etc.
- Post charges associated with work order, late charges, etc. by entering them in computer and generating notices for residents
- Follow-up delinquent accounts and pursue collections in accordance with established procedures
- Monitor expenses to ensure spending is within guidelines
- Maintain tenant files and related documentation regarding continuing eligibility and adjustments
- Communicate with residents as needed to inform of policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Lease units by showing property, reviewing and signing lease, collecting deposits, etc.
- Assist in coordinating vacancy preparation in order to minimize time units are vacant
- Ensure that properties and grounds are maintained properly by onsite maintenance personnel or contractors
- Generate work orders in response to requests for repairs from residents, and close out work orders in accordance with established procedures
- Conduct property inspections, including move-in, move-out, housekeeping, and grounds in order to assure adherence to established standards
- Maintain records of the status of assigned units, e.g. filled, vacant, anticipated vacancy, etc.
- Assist with security activities on assigned properties by communicating with security personnel regarding specific problems, and participating in ‘knock and talk’, as needed
- Counsel resident who are not complying with the terms of the lease, and concerning delinquent payments
- Refer residents with special problems, such as economic, social, legal, health, etc. to groups or agencies that provide assistance, or to resident initiatives coordinator, as appropriate
- Maintain liaison with resident initiative coordinator to assist with resident activities, address specific problems, plan meetings, or support activities as appropriate
- Recommend eviction if resident behavior warrants, and prepare related documentation to support recommendation
- Participate in hearings and appeals, as needed
- Requires an Associate’s Degree Public Administration, Social Work, Social Services or closely related major.
- Requires four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in Public Housing, Property Management or related field; or possession of any equivalent combination of education, and training which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License Insurable under the agency’s insurance policy
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification established by THA. All incumbents may not perform all of the job duties listed, and some incumbents may perform some duties which are not listed, and incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description.