Position Summary: Supports and assists the Community Director in overseeing and managing the financial and operational facets of the community by completing accounting and bookkeeping tasks, preparing monthly close-out and financial reports, processing invoices for payment, collecting rent, fees, and other payments, completing bank deposits, dispositions, and account reconciliations, and using the property management system to record, track, and report on all financial workings of the property
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes the daily transactions and tasks related to the financial operation of the community by collecting and posting rent, fees, and other payments, preparing daily bank deposits, and preparing financial reports. Completes all transactions in the appropriate property management system and works closely with the accounting department to identify and trace transactions that do not reconcile to bank records.
- Reviews and submits invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, obtaining community manager approval, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor, accounting, and the client/owner as needed. Enters all approved bills into the property accounting system in accordance with the appropriate processes and procedures, scans all invoices to the community’s data drive, and submits to accounting for processing.
- Reviews resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicates with residents regarding outstanding balances, implements procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforces the lease to maximize revenue.
- Follows the Company’s established procedures related to evictions by following proper notice requirements, evicting residents, and representing the property as required in court hearings and eviction proceedings.
- Processes resident move-outs by reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, applying appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees, if applicable, and processing the disposition in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues. This includes the ability to work in a stressful environment and work peacefully with co-workers and residents.
- Acts as the on-site supervisor in the absence of the Community Manager by organizing and delegating daily work, coordinating maintenance and make-ready tasks with the maintenance supervisor, and managing the operation of the community in compliance with Company policies, procedures, and business practices.
- Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting property tours, providing updates and information about the property’s performance, and responding to owner requests as needed.
- May assist and/or support leasing and marketing efforts in person to achieve the property’s revenue and occupancy goals by greeting prospective residents face-to- face, gathering information about the prospect via the Guest Card, showing ready apartments and models, closing and obtaining the lease deposit, and assisting the prospective resident in completing the rental application and credit verification.
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Must be able to meet predictable attendance and punctuality expectations and physical demands of the position complying with RangeWater Residential’s policies and performance expectations.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s)
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s)
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the property’s efficiency, profitability, and productivity
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, leasing and sales tools, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
Work Hours (may vary by state or location):
This position is scheduled for 40 hours in a regular work week. Hours of operation vary by site, but typical sites are open from 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday, Saturday
10:00am to 5:00pm, and on Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Assistant Community Directors must be available to work on weekends when scheduled, usually the first weekend of the month, and must be able to perform the essential job functions unaccompanied.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment history that demonstrates the application of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to assist in managing the day-to- day operation of an apartment community, resolve customer complaints and issues, complete financial records, documents, and reports, increase sales revenues, and coordinate the work of a team. Incumbent must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent and 2 years of experience in the multifamily industry.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions about the property’s operation.
Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
Demonstrated understanding of property operations and, in particular, of lease terms and lease enforcement, including collections. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Demonstrated proficiency in internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
Strong proficiency in using property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license is required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbents work in an office environment, but also have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle or feel objects, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, and squat. The employee is intermittently required to sit. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities. Must be able to operate golf carts at properties with golf carts, walk extended distances and navigate stairs to multiple levels daily.
Assistant Community Directors must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Routine, local travel may be required to make bank deposits, attend training classes, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Understanding of Job Essentials:
RangeWater is a drug free, harassment free workplace. All candidates must pass a drug screen and an extensive background check. RangeWater is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
I understand that all pre-employment screening activities are conducted in compliance with federal and state employment laws. Background checks are completed during the post- offer stage of the employment process in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements.
I also fully understand the content of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties and responsibilities, requisites, and physical demands and working conditions explained to me. I am capable of performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If
I need accommodation, I will ask the hiring manager for it.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- property management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Assistant Property Manager: 1 year (Preferred)