Milhaus is an award-winning, mixed-use development, construction, and property management company that specializes in Class A, urban, multifamily residential buildings. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Milhaus is comprised of inspired and industrious individuals who are passionate about the development of mixed-use and multifamily communities. We provide exceptional customer experiences and create solutions for neighborhoods that positively impact communities by providing unparalleled expertise in real estate, investment, development, construction and management. We develop high-quality projects that are financially responsible, withstand the passage of time, improve peoples’ lives and transform communities.
Located in the historical and tight-knit neighborhood of Ybor City, Lector 85 pays homage to lectors, the individuals who entertained and imparted new ideals to workers in the area. This community stays true to the roots of the area, blending local culture and creating an ideal living space for residents.
The Assistant Property Manager responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the overall management of the property. Along with the Property Manager the Assistant Property Manager generates satisfactory cash flow, positive resident relations and optimal resident retention. The Assistant Property Manager will also regularly communicate with all necessary Milhaus employees, outside vendors and other individuals as deemed necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all functions related to residency inquiries including telephone and in-person inquiries and maintaining records of the inquiries.
- Processes confidential or other paperwork relating to residents in a timely manner.
- Leases apartment homes. Included in the overall responsibility of leasing apartments is handling telephone inquiries, greeting future residents
- conducting tours, taking/processing applications and deposits, following up with all future residents, and ensuring that leases are renewed on a timely basis.
- Screens, interviews, and notifies applicants of their acceptance or denial as residents in accordance with company procedures, Equal Housing
- Opportunity (EHO) requirements and any applicable program regulations.
- Conducts market surveys and makes marketing recommendations based on an analysis of the surveys.
- Composes flyers and/or other media material for use in promoting residency, as requested.
- Conceives, develops and helps implement promotional ideas.
- Completes weekly traffic analysis reports and other reports as required.
- Makes community contacts with employers, real estate agencies and others as part of the corporate and community outreach program.
- Accepts and records checks, money orders and certified checks for daily deposits.
- Ensures that all financial reporting, records and paperwork is performed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Reports any property loss on liability related incidents to Milhaus Risk Management on a timely basis.
- Reports any work-related injuries to Milhaus Human Resources on a timely basis.
- Processes evictions and attends court appearances, if required.
- Assists with preparation and administration of the community operating budget, including control of monthly expenses.
- Completes move-in and move-out inspections as directed by supervisor.
- Complies with all local, state and federal regulations as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Manages property in the temporary absence of the Director of Residential Services/Property Manager
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience in budget planning and expenses monitoring
- Computer skills sufficient to enter reports and daily operations data into a computer
- Knowledge of Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements and applicable program regulations
We stand as one team dedicated to transforming neighborhoods. Through transparency and collaboration, we empower our people to be leaders. Bikes are our allies, local food is our addiction and entrepreneurs inspire us. We believe that first impressions are set by our energy, not suits and ties. The strength of our team lies in our individuality. We embrace the changing ideal of what people call home.
Action. Integrity. Innovation. Collaboration.
By joining us at our corporate office in downtown Indianapolis or onsite at one of our many properties, you’ll be provided the opportunity to grow your career and become part of a team that truly makes a difference.