JOB SUMMARY: Supports the Property Manager in overseeing all aspects of facility operations for three or more properties. Engages in regular interactions with tenants, vendors and senior management.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Property Manager
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
Performs administrative tasks in support of Property Management. Addresses and resolves tenant issues and complaints, oversees any necessary construction, assists in marketing the property, and manages the financial aspects of the business. Makes decisions with a clear understanding of company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable State and Federal regulatory/compliance requirements. Is accountable to achieving established business goals within expected timelines. Is expected to role-model Avistone’s core values. Key areas of responsibility include: answering tenant and vendor calls, dispatching tenant work order requests, assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports, preparing vendor contracts and processing invoices.
Specific duties include:
· Correspond with tenants and vendors as a key point of contact.
· Prepare and process tenant documents and lease-related correspondence from corporate templates, such as lease documents and rent commencement agreements.
· Code and process accounts payable for all properties and follow up with vendors on receipt of invoices and billing issues.
· Ensure timely collection of rents.
· Prepare and negotiate vendor contracts.
· Approve expenditures.
· Work directly with tenant in arrears to collect outstanding balances owed and/or negotiate payment plans, while keeping detailed and updated notes on progress of collection and updates variance related to delinquencies on monthly reports.
· Prepare tenant bill-backs.
· Assist in the monthly preparation of monthly reports.
· Assist with preparation of the annual budget.
· Track tenant and vendor Certificates of Insurance for compliance.
· Prepare and monitor preventative maintenance contracts for HVAC – per tenant leases.
· Enter tenant service requests and track through web based work order system.
· Keep tenant and vendor contact list updated.
Specific duties (continued):
· Write and communicate vendor work schedules.
· Coordinate tenant move-ins and move outs.
· Show vacant spaces as needed.
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned or required.
· Ensure a safe work environment for tenants and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong Working Knowledge of:
· Property management
· Cost control procedures: including cash management and waste controls
· Safe work habits and procedures
· Supervising vendors
· Exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant matters that have a real impact on our investments and tenant business.
· Comprehend, analyze and interpret documents.
· Solve problems and provide practical options in various situations.
· Prepare and maintain simple records and reports.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with tenants, team members, Corporate office employees, vendors or other agencies.
· Follow written and verbal instructions from Corporate Headquarters.
· Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software to accomplish work objectives.
· Use company operating systems, including accounting, timekeeping and any other company software.
· Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined and highly organized.
· Must possess intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
· Ability to lift or move boxes weighing up to 25 pounds.
· Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
· Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to be flexible and be team-oriented.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
· Knowledge of MRI is a plus.
Part of the workday will be spent in a temperature controlled management office, handling paperwork. The remainder of working hours may be spent visiting different buildings owned by the company.
· A significant amount of physical activity (walking, climbing stairs, etc.) is required daily.
· Flexibility is required in terms of working hours, since many tenant inquiries and issues may need to be addressed in the evenings or on weekends.
· May handle or be exposed to sensitive and/or confidential information.
· Is expected to maintain composure when dealing with the team, tenants and vendors, occasionally under conditions of urgency and/or pressure situations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree is required
· 2+ years working in property management
· 2+ years’ management experience
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Assistant Property Manager: 2 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible