Salary $17 an hour
Job Type Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The successful assistant Manager is the detail oriented person the Property Manager relies on to keep all resident files up-to-date. The role is vital in ensuring that payments are received in a timely manner from all residents and dealing with delinquencies is your primary function. This role will include collecting rent, reviewing and approving Statements of Deposit Accounts and preparing/ delivering all legal and formal notices. In this job, it is necessary to keep an accurate schedule of move-in dates and ensure that move-outs are in accordance to state law and company standards This role requires providing excellent customer service to our residents as well as assisting in the turnover process of the community is essential in the community’s ability to secure new leases and renew leases with current residents.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends. Ensure leasing staff develops similar knowledge
- Direct efforts to implement sales and marketing plans, which effectively maximize rental income and results in high occupancy
- Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents
- Reviews and updates unit availability daily to ensure accuracy and provides a unit availability list to the leasing staff
- Adhere to the Element National Management Operating Procedures
- Contributes to achieving the financial goals of the community through assisting in the development, preparation and administration of the capital and operating budgets for the community
- Receives and collects all rent and cash receipts in accordance with company standards
- Provides clerical and phone support
- Maintains all residents files, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all paperwork and documentation
- Reviews, and approves Statements of Deposit Accounts, ensuring all statements are completed timely in accordance with state law and that all charges are necessary and accurate as stated on the Move Out Inspection Report, and company standards
- Maintains a calendar of scheduled move-ins, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all apartments are inspected prior to move-in to ensure compliance with established standards
- Prepares and delivers all legal and formal notices, including but not limited to late notices, change in term notices, and notices of violation of community rules and regulations, in accordance state law and company standards
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve resident complaints and directs pertinent issues and matters to the Property Manager
- Inputs all cash receipts to appropriate income accounts in e-site and prepares and generates a list of deposit receipts and amounts in accordance with company standards
- Completes all e-site computer sessions including, Applicant Move-Ins/Outs, Rent Increases/Lease Expirations, Lease Renewals, EOM processing and other e-site processes in accordance with operational manual and company policies and procedures
- Initiates all necessary evictions, preparing copies, and forwarding all appropriate paperwork for legal evictions, or other legal proceedings, ensuring all eviction and legal proceedings are followed through to completion
- Conducts resident move-out in accordance with state law and company standards
- Maintains all account records and transactions including NSF’s, rent allowances, concessions, rent increases and other management approved debits and credits
- Ensures the timely collections of all rent receipts through the preparation and distribution of delinquency reports to the Property Manager
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- A high school education or equivalent is required. A college degree is suggested, but not required.
- The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident management software functions.
A minimum of two years experience in residential property management or a related field is required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions. Successful candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing.
The position requires excellent skills in the management and motivation of people and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, prospects, and vendors. In addition, the position requires, but is not limited to, the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good understanding of basic accounting practices
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Ability and access to drive a car
- Knowledge of state law as it relates to the handling of Security Deposits and other resident related fees and charges
- Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
- Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
- ESite Experience a must
Learning and Development
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
Associate must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place