Job Type Full-time
Number of hires for this role 2
Full Job Description
Our multi-family community in Tampa, FL currently has a full-time Assistant Maintenance Technician opening.
Independence Realty Trust (IRT – NYSE) is a fully integrated real estate company, currently managing over 15,000 multi-family units, 56 communities, in 17 markets. We strive to provide our residents the best place to live and our employees the best place to add value and reach new heights. IRT has a strong commitment to hiring the most talented industry professionals, which has resulted in record growth, making the company one of the most respected and trusted within our industry. Our core values are Empowerment, Optimism, Trust, Passion and Quality. We believe that greatness resides in everyone and all that’s needed to unleash it is feeling at home. To research us in more detail, visit www.irtliving.com.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and Community Manager in keeping the community maintained and in operating condition.
- Perform light repairs to electric, plumbing, carpentry, pool, HVAC, appliances and other housing-related repairs.
- Follow company maintenance safety and operational programs, policies, and perform preventative maintenance.
- Perform property and common area inspections and report any damage or maintenance work that may need to be performed.
- Assist in any maintenance or cosmetic-related tasks to get an apartment in “make ready” condition.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General understanding of light repair on electric, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC.
- A/C Certification I & II required. CPO Certificate preferred or ability to obtain within first 90 days of employment.
- Maintain complete working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs., and occasionally lift and carry up to 80 lbs. Ability push and pull appliance dolly up to 200 lbs., move objects from one floor to another
- Ability to bend/stoop, climb stairs, kneels, balance, reach above shoulder height, walk and twist, have a reliable vision, hearing and speech with or without corrective devices such as glasses, hearing aid, etc.
- Position may require the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year and may also require working on-call hours, as scheduled or as necessary.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Bonus Opportunities
- Stock Awards
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- BCBS PPO Health Insurance
- 401k with 4% match
Independence Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place