JOB DESCRIPTION Is this the job for you?
APPLY NOW VISTA HOST INC
Assistant General Manager
COMPANY: Vista Host Inc
POSITION: Assistant General Manager
DEPARTMENT: Hotel Management
STATUS: Full Time
SHIFT: First / Day Second / Afternoon
APPLY NOW DATE POSTED: February 20, 2021LOCATION: 10323 Palm River Rd, Vista Host Location 26
Tampa, FL, 33619, US
JOB CATEGORY: Hotel Management
POSITION TITLE: Assistant General Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Innkeeper
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including the day-to-day staff management, guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, cost control management, sales and revenue generation. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of Vista Hostand brand strategies and initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain unparalleled guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel
- Personally demonstrate a commitment to guest service by responding to guest needs in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure all team members, including new hires, know all components/features of our programs so that all staff provide superior guest service and meet service standards
- Empower all team members to handle each guest interaction appropriately by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance
- Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, consistent and constant training, and performance planning and evaluation of team members
- Oversee all finance and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash and ordering procedures
- Maintain a positive cooperative work environment between staff and management through substantial communication.
- Ensure all hotel employees know hotel objectives and goals
- Covers shifts in all departments as needed to adhere to company labor standards
- Must be extremely hands-on
- Must have an outgoing personality and great people skills
- Able to teach, motivate, and supervise
- Must have strong management and leadership capabilities
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- All other duties as assigned/required.
- Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbally.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.