About Newmark (Nasdaq: NMRK)
Newmark Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries (“Newmark”), is a world leader in commercial real estate services, with a comprehensive suite of investor/owner and occupier services and products. Our integrated platform seamlessly powers every phase of owning or occupying a property. Our services are tailored to every type of client, from owners to occupiers, investors to founders, growing startups to leading companies. Harnessing the power of data, technology, and industry expertise, we bring ingenuity to every exchange, and imagination to every space. Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently owned offices, our 18,800 professionals operate from approximately 500 offices around the world, delivering a global perspective and a nimble approach. In 2019, Newmark generated revenues in excess of $2.2 billion. To learn more, visit nmrk.com or follow @newmark
Responsible for supporting Facility Manager’s efforts in day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will ensure a well-managed, well-maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination and conjunction with the client’s goals and objectives.
- Supports the Facility Manager in the day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the property to assure maintenance of approved quality standards.
- Assists the Facility Manager in the preparation and coordination of fire, life safety and other safety programs. Ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists the Facility Manager in the preparation and coordination of all maintenance programs relating to interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties.
- Support the Facility Manager to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Participates in the selection of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements. Oversees day-to-day vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Works with staff in the planning and organization of internal and building-to-building moves. Involved with the selection of movers and other necessary specialty trade contractors/vendors. Liaison to various in-house support groups for moves.
- Responsible for the completion of work order requests in a timely fashion and to the satisfaction of the requesting associate. May coordinate with Chief Engineer or other maintenance staff to coordinate completion of requests.
- Assist and support the Facility Manager on the day-to-day financial management of the property and maintenance of financial records and files, as needed. Assist with preparation of the budget, financial reviews and monthly management reports.
- Responsible for the positive and prompt response to requests from building tenants and client. Continues ongoing communications with the Owner Representative to ensure needs are being met.
- Perform regular “sweeps” of the workspace(s) to identify areas/items/equipment/materials in need of repair, replacement or upgrade. Report all issues to the Facilities Supervisor, and/or Facilities Manager to correct.
- On-call 24/7 to respond to property events, emergencies or incidents
- May review leases to ensure compliance with lease provisions.
- Actively participate in the development and management of the account
- May perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of real estate/facility coordination or management experience required
- Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks with minimal supervision while also adhering to the policies and procedures and Owner objectives
- Strong computer, writing and communication skills
- Proven analytical abilities
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.