The Assistant Community Manager works closely with the Community Manager in the smooth running and operation of the property and acts as the Community Manager in their absence. The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community.
- Assist in preparing advertising materials.
- Assist in showing units and screening applicants.
- Maintain records of rental levels of comparable units in surrounding area.
- Present creative leasing and marketing ideas.
- Maintain courteous communication with residents, applicants, and representatives of other companies.
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions, utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with Valiant Residential procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Accept rental payments and give immediately to Community Manager.
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information on Yardi system accurately and on a timely basis. Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Prepare and maintain complete resident files.
- Prepare late notices and notices to pay rent.
- Assist in collection of rents and preparation of receipts.
- Assist with legal proceedings.
- Assist with lease preparation, signing, and administration.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Understand the Apartment Association lease and contracted credit report application.
- Communicate with Community Manager regarding accuracy of invoices received; that purchase orders are attached and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
- Ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered and paid within a timely manner
- Quickly complete maintenance service requests and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed service requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on a continuing basis.
- Enforce policies of the community.
- Fair Housing Certification, or willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new and existing laws.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and auto insurance.
- Ability to work most weekends.
- Apartment management experience preferred
- Neat, clean, and professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of college preferred